The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G ECU replacement question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lycan1385

Probationary Member
Jul 9, 2010
Edison, New_Jersey
Hi,

My car hasn't been starting. It sounds like it almost wants to start. We've ruled out the crank sensor, spark plugs, injectors, fuel pump. My friend (a mechanic) says its the ECU.

I was wondering if an ECU (I found on the classifieds) with Part numbers MD346675 or MD335287 work in my 99 GST (automatic)? The ECU in my car has the part number MD359402. If I were to buy any of the above two ECU's would they work plug and play?

Sry if this has already been posted. I tried using the search.

Hi,

My car hasn't been starting. It sounds like it almost wants to start. We've ruled out the crank sensor, spark plugs, injectors, fuel pump. My friend (a mechanic) says its the ECU.

I was wondering if an ECU (I found on the classifieds) with Part numbers MD346675 or MD335287 work in my 99 GST (automatic)? The ECU in my car has the part number MD359402. If I were to buy any of the above two ECU's would they work plug and play?

Check cam sensor as well, I have a 420a but it won't start if the cam and crank don't work simultaneously. Im not sure if it is the same for a 4g63.

Did you also check the auto cut off relay (sorry if incorrect no name) located on firewall.

Do a quick test on the coolant temp sensor with a digital volt meter. Its often the culprit for crank but no starts. Its simple to test and then add to list of things "ruled out."

Hi,

Is it cranking but not starting Or is it nothing at all?

security relay censor... had it happen to my Honda this summer it would turn over but not "stay on" it would just die every time i let go of the key if it was your computer i dont think it would do anything at all... cost me about 40 bucks and 50 min of wrench time...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back