1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

ECU replacement question

Posted by lycan1385, Feb 9, 2012

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. lycan1385

lycan1385 Probationary Member

Joined Jul 9, 2010
    Edison, New Jersey
    Hi,

My car hasn't been starting. It sounds like it almost wants to start. We've ruled out the crank sensor, spark plugs, injectors, fuel pump. My friend (a mechanic) says its the ECU.

I was wondering if an ECU (I found on the classifieds) with Part numbers MD346675 or MD335287 work in my 99 GST (automatic)? The ECU in my car has the part number MD359402. If I were to buy any of the above two ECU's would they work plug and play?

Sry if this has already been posted. I tried using the search.

2. rellow88

rellow88 Proven Member

Joined Dec 25, 2008
    appomattox, Virginia
    MD346675 should work check not to be a smart ass but i found out google is a lot easier then searching on here tends to find the post of what you are looking for

279  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 1G DSM
  3. Spaz5spd

Spaz5spd Proven Member

Joined Feb 8, 2012
    Springfield, Massachusetts
    Check cam sensor as well, I have a 420a but it won't start if the cam and crank don't work simultaneously. Im not sure if it is the same for a 4g63.

Did you also check the auto cut off relay (sorry if incorrect no name) located on firewall.

4. Mike02rt

Mike02rt Proven Member

Joined Mar 5, 2010
    Chicago, Illinois
    Do a quick test on the coolant temp sensor with a digital volt meter. Its often the culprit for crank but no starts. Its simple to test and then add to list of things "ruled out."

5. Spaz5spd

Spaz5spd Proven Member

Joined Feb 8, 2012
    Springfield, Massachusetts
    Is it cranking but not starting Or is it nothing at all?

6. preludeachris

preludeachris Proven Member

Joined Sep 29, 2011
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    security relay censor... had it happen to my Honda this summer it would turn over but not "stay on" it would just die every time i let go of the key if it was your computer i dont think it would do anything at all... cost me about 40 bucks and 50 min of wrench time...

382  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM