The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Eclipse 2GB Front Bumper - What color is this supposed to be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty-Seagull

Supporting Member
Jul 16, 2019
Kimball, Michigan
I've been researching 2GB Eclipse front end bumpers and I have noticed that many of them have the top section of the main intake hole colored black. Does anybody know if that was standard on all trim levels, or were some painted the same color as the rest of the bumper like mine?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

For those who have this section in black, is it the same color as the foglight bezels, or is it a glossy black? Does anybody have a paint code?

Thanks!

I think the turbo models came with flat black in that area, my Spyder is body color up there like the one in the picture.

From the factory it's suppose to be black on all trim levels. The reason you see it painted is because body shops are either unaware or too lazy to mask it out.

From the factory it's suppose to be black on all trim levels. The reason you see it painted is because body shops are either unaware or too lazy to mask it out.

Correct. That came black on all models. IMO it looks better with that part removed especially when you a fm

Thanks everybody! That is great information.

Do you know if it is an unpainted surface?
Does it match the color of the Fog light bezels?

Thanks everybody! That is great information.

Do you know if it is an unpainted surface?
Does it match the color of the Fog light bezels?

Almost certain that they all came black also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back