The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Ebay turbo rebuild kits ok?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fwdeclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2005
salt lake city, Utah
I just got screwed on a 20g. So I need to rebuild it. I was cruising around on ebay and found a couple different ones. One looks to be mitsubishi parts and the other is not. The catch one is cheaper. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mits...002QQitemZ120156364160QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V this is the cheaper one. This is the more expensive one. me know what you guys think. Both of these suppliers have the compressor wheel also and there price is also about 25 bucks difference. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genu...002QQitemZ120149338631QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

The second parts kit you listed consists of all factory Mitsu parts. This would be what was in the turbo when it was purchased new.

I've rebuilt tons of turbos using the first kit you listed. The design of the thrust plate is far superior to a factory Mitsu plate because it has (2) oil supply holes rather than one. This is the part that gives your turbo in/out shaft play if it gets a lack of oil. I've seen plently of Mitsu turbos that would never have blown if it wasn't for a small piece of dirt or engine debris clogging the single hole in the factory thrust plate....this kit would give your turbo another chance to survive!

The first kit you listed is currently in a TD05H 20G on one of my customer's '95 Talon TSi AWD. The turbo has around 8k on it since the rebuild, and still has zero shaft play. I think they're a great kit.

Great thanks alot for the help. Also I am buying a compressor wheel also from the same guy. Since you rebuild so many turbos can i just throw it right on after the rebuild or am I gonna need to take it for someone to balance it.

Every Mitsu compressor wheel I've bought in the past has come pre-balanced. You can tell by the marks ground near the compressor nut and the cuts around the ring of the backplate.

Check the newest post I made on your other thread, "tdo6vstdo5h 20g," if you haven't already.

Hey jsmux here are the pics I took of the turbine shaft and wheel. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• DSCF0103.jpg
    DSCF0103.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 317
  • DSCF0102.jpg
    DSCF0102.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCF0101.jpg
    DSCF0101.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 326
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back