The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

420A Easiest way to change out injectors on a 95 eclipse rs 420a engine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Btc89

Probationary Member
Aug 27, 2012
Joshua, Texas
I am wanting to change out my injectors. What is the easiest way to change them out? Also, can I get a bigger size injector? I have a stock injectors on my 420a now. The only performance parts i have put on there is a cold air intake, Greddy EVO2 Catback exhaust, high flow cat, header and NGK spark plug and wires. I have 152,000 miles on the engine so I don't want to get an injector that will cause any damage. I just want an injector that will give the car a little "boost". If anybody could help me that would be great.

Without the need for, or a way to control it, there really is no reason to get a bigger injector. It will not give you a "boost" without a way to tune them and the engine for better performance. Unless you are maxing out your injectors now, which you should not be with those mods, you will probably get a better boost spending it else where.

easiest way to change them is to do a 4g63 swap. ROFL But seriously. If you (like said above) dont have the computer to run a basemap for the injectors, your wasting your time.It will run rich and run like garbage.

Is there an injector issue? If not its not necessary to change them out. But if you want to,
-remove the vacuum line from the fpr
-remove the the gas line bolt( BE CARFULL) the gas will be under pressure. Also be carfull as there are 2 brass crush washers on the bolt
-remove the wiring harness clips from the injectors
-remove the fuel rail
-remove the injectors
install in the reverse order.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back