The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

E85 on EVOIII at High Boost...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

u need to get a AFC or something to make the car run a little leaner to pass or get a really big cat bolt that in place go pass the test and then take the cat out.

I don't think E85 is going to help you pass the test unless u get a good tune at idle and 2500 to make it work.

Increasing the flow to the turbo and out of the turbo (decreasing the backpressure after the turbo) means that the turbo does not have to work as hard to flow the same or more air.

I have a old Hahn racecraft o2 eliminator that is 3" right off the turbo and also has an external dump for the internal gate. The exhaust exits out the side of the car as well. I am switching to a 4" after the downpipe when I get the car back together to further decrease backpressure, with such a small turbo the backpressure before the turbo is very high so any decrease in backpressure makes a good difference.

Your right as far as decreasing backpressure on the exhaust side helps the turbo work more efficiently..
I was thinking you were talking about a high flowing intake manifold, which would increase VE of the motor, which would make the turbo work harder to supply the same amount, of boost since the engine would be digesting the air much quicker ( like when you put cams)
CAIs do help

Flex fuel cars running e85 pass everytime. I know a guy that runs a machine and he never seen an e85 car not pass.

Part of that is that most of them are new cars too.

Going to the track this weekend, but i have to change the tune, since they changed the blend up here already.

Well I found another post from Jack and its insane. I believe every word from this guy.

The E316G in my car has no internal or external gate. It's welded shut to get as much out of the turbo as possible. On E85 with my water to air (that works very well) I see close to 40PSI out of it now. The turbo is doing great and I must say that the car moves a lot faster going from 30 to 40PSI. With the E316G, run as much boost as you can. The turbo is built very well so it will not fail and it seems to really like it up there. The secret is getting the air as cool as possible before it reaches the engine. I would say to run the levels I am you need a huge FMIC or water to air or you won't see much of a benefit beyond 30PSI.

Now thats just insane. He loves circle track racing and this is his car he does it with.

I believe it with some porting. I know my wastegate flapper is opening and I see over 30psi. With the right porting I believe it to be possible expecially with a welded flapper. The turbo just keeps on spinning. Its just hard to believe he thinks it will last at those levels.

UPDATE: So today i put some e85 fuel in and man did it make a BIG difference!!! After putting e85 fuel in i went to try and pass emissions for the 3rd time and it DIDNT pass. Im still failing the hydrocarbons. the idle standard is 220 and my car blew a 263.

The turbo just keeps on spinning. Its just hard to believe he thinks it will last at those levels.

What im thinking^
FWIW I should dig up some of the stuff I read about running that thing that hard.
The shaft speeds are just too much, unless you are extremely lucky for whatever reason it would fail in short order. I mean if your all about power and dont care about turbo failures then by all means, but I just dont want any newbie to read this thread and want to go and push his 16g full tilt just because he has e85. Thats all im getting at.

How long is that Jack guy been running his turbo like that? Thats crazy.
I bet that water cooled setup he has does wonders.
Hes right about getting the air as cool as possible to get the most out of it. A small turbo like these needs the air to be as dense as possible, which could dramatically help it when its at high pressure ratios/ high rpm... Hell I gained quicker spool and like 1 psi to redline with doing a CAI a while ago.
I need to get a bigger FMIC.

What im thinking^
FWIW I should dig up some of the stuff I read about running that thing that hard.
The shaft speeds are just too much, unless you are extremely lucky for whatever reason it would fail in short order. I mean if your all about power and dont care about turbo failures then by all means, but I just dont want any newbie to read this thread and want to go and push his 16g full tilt just because he has e85. Thats all im getting at.

How long is that Jack guy been running his turbo like that? Thats crazy.
I bet that water cooled setup he has does wonders.
Hes right about getting the air as cool as possible to get the most out of it. A small turbo like these needs the air to be as dense as possible, which could dramatically help it when its at high pressure ratios/ high rpm... Hell I gained quicker spool and like 1 psi to redline with doing a CAI a while ago.
I need to get a bigger FMIC.

He has been running it since the beginning of the summer and track races the car all the time. Its been running like that for awhile thats why its so amazing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back