The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Dyno'd the other day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slo2gen

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2005
Upstate, South_Carolina
Thanks again Mark. So if I'm not mistaken you where at 29psi on your S366 when you started to experience spark blow out correct? I'm just trying to look down the road some and see what hurdles are coming. Like I've said before, if my car made this at 18psi then at 26 it should be over 500, considering the log manifold and the intake don't hold me back and my fuel pump keeps up. I also think I may approach the threshold of knock with E85 going with that much more boost, its just a theory but worst case senario the guy next door sells VP racing fuels :D

Thanks again Mark. So if I'm not mistaken you where at 29psi on your S366 when you started to experience spark blow out correct? I'm just trying to look down the road some and see what hurdles are coming. Like I've said before, if my car made this at 18psi then at 26 it should be over 500, considering the log manifold and the intake don't hold me back and my fuel pump keeps up. I also think I may approach the threshold of knock with E85 going with that much more boost, its just a theory but worst case senario the guy next door sells VP racing fuels :D

We started getting blow out at right around 19 (now I was 10.5 comp). We brought the plugs down to .018 and got her to 24lbs (with the stock coil and the MSD coil). Went out and got a Screamin Deamon coil and brought her up to 29lbs before blow out. Had plans to put an aftermarket LS-1 (?) coil in that should have solved those problems, but parted her out before we did that.

I would absolutely look at changing that dopey log for more power. Also, getting an AMM intake should allow for more power.

As for knock, we weren't knock limited until we were into the 400whp's. E85 is kinda a substitiute for a higher octane gas like 110 and 112 (which is what I used) because of its properties (blah blah blah, search and see, blah blah blah, no I'm not going to argue the point). My point being that the E85 can take you pretty far before you even need to think about c-16.

MB

The set up you had on the turbo car is VERY similar to what I am running, 10.5 comp etc. I was looking around last night and saw that a lot of people making over 5 and 600 whp are still on E85 so maybe I have a little bit more head room that I originally thought. As far as running the aftermarket LS-1 coil's, do you mean something like COP or a Coil similar to what we have now? I deff am interested in going with something other than a log set up but the only down side is that when changing the manifold you have to change everything, ie upper intercooler piping lower, and and down pipe, but I guess its part of the game. And as far as an AMM intake, I don't mind in getting that either but didn't know if all that "crap" got resolved as far as problems go. I know he is still doing business on neons.org so I don't see why it would be a problem but just want to be sure. I'm actually going to step up on the cams too, going to switch from crane 12's to 16's(already in the works) so that should help up top as well.

Alright after looking around the capacitve discharge of a LS2 coil is about 140mA and the LS1 is around 40. I have also noticed that some people like the Dodge Magnum coils but I can't seem to find a lot of info on them. Any reason you where going with the LS1 over another Mark?

And as far as an AMM intake, I don't mind in getting that either but didn't know if all that "crap" got resolved as far as problems go.

I believe those are in the past. Since those incidents, he has done work for me and two other individuals I have refered to him (as well as other individuals - I'm pretty sure that Driggs has also gotten work done by him), He has also since resolved the issues that you referenced with both those customers. They obviously weren't jumping for joy, but he put forth the effort to alleviate their problems.

He is also on here.

I'm actually going to step up on the cams too, going to switch from crane 12's to 16's(already in the works) so that should help up top as well.
Definitely up to at least 16's. Too many people are afraid of bigger cams (i.e. more duration). I'm not one of those people.

Alright after looking around the capacitve discharge of a LS2 coil is about 140mA and the LS1 is around 40. I have also noticed that some people like the Dodge Magnum coils but I can't seem to find a lot of info on them. Any reason you where going with the LS1 over another Mark?
I'm pretty sure I put a question mark on that because I wasn't positive about what coils they were made for (Matt from Dentsport, my tuner, and I talked about many). But we came up with an aftermarket single coil (with a company he has done business with) that was like $80 and had a bunch more discharge power than the coils we were using (btw, I'm against COP set-ups. I'm a KISS individual and I've seen too many have problems with COP's).

I got an e-mail into Matt now.

MB

If I upgrade I was leaning toward the equal length or something, not sure yet. I pulled the motor today to replace the oil pump/bearings. Right after the pull on the video I started it up to make another pull and had Zero oil pressure. :( Anywho, I pulled the pan the other day and the rod bearings are not horrible but have seen better days. I'm replacing the main/rod bearings and oil pump within the week hopefully. Pics

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

E85 will support 1000whp. Its a great alternative to c16, which Is very expensive. The dynateck arc2 works good for a badass ignition setup!

Yes, Mark I looked at that after you said you didn't like the COP stuff. And yes the dyna arc2 is a nice set up but MS will do the same thing if configured to read our cam sensor to charge the coil for 540 degrees instead of every 180 like our wasted spark system. E85 is good :D Thanks for the info!

Also, is there any info on that coil Mark(I'm googling it know :p) This thing seems to have a fairly low dwell time as compared to the stock coil(I'm running about 4.5 msec of dwell right now)

get that crank to a good reputable machine shop that knows your looking to make big numbers and have them clean it up so good and then turn it and POLISH it... What bearings are they ... kinda look like ACL.. Clevite bearings are alittle harder .. they probaly wont save your crank tho if they spin LOL.. acl being alittle softer usally save the crank

get that crank to a good reputable machine shop that knows your looking to make big numbers and have them clean it up so good and then turn it and POLISH it... What bearings are they ... kinda look like ACL.. Clevite bearings are alittle harder .. they probaly wont save your crank tho if they spin LOL.. acl being alittle softer usally save the crank

Very impressive. Alot of miss-information out on this turbo.

They where clevite bearings. And yes, not a lot of people run the S25g, I'm not even sure Hahn makes it anymore. Well, little update, I'm still tossing around the idea of 2.4 but for now I'm going to sit on the car and save up a bit of money. I have too much other stuff going on right now to dump more money into it. Hopefully at the first of the year I will have the time/money to get back into it. If I don't go 2.4 I will be getting this set up put back in the car and balanced to about 9.5k and some bigger cams.

Any updates? Really looking forward to a 3O+ psi pass.

Yes and no :p I've decided to sell the 10.5 bottom end, going back with a 2.4. If all goes well I'll have it back on the road at the first of the year. The 2.4 won't be as strong as the 2.0(SRT rotating assy) but I plan to get another block and build it. The SRT set up should be strong enough for 500, esp on E85 but much more than that and it starts to creep up to the "not dependable" stage. Rest assured, I will have it back on the road SOON!:rocks:

Little update, turbo kit and injectors where stolen and since they don't make the hahn s25g anymore los like I'm not going to sre what it would have made. It will be a while now before its on the road, but when it does it will be better and stronger.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back