The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Dumbest things you've heard a DSMer say? :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A guy I know was bragging about how fast his friends turbo civic was. He said, "Yeah...he blew his motor the other day....luckily he was turbo tho...The turbo is what got him home." At first I thought he was kidding but he was dead serious.

Dumbest thing I've heard a DSMer say? "DSMtoonerz"

Why? Because there isn't another DSM site out there that has more DSMers that have been committed to, and involved with this community like DSMtuners, trying to make it better. We have put more time into producing features and content to help the DSM community than probably all other DSM sites combined. We've helped set the standard in the online automotive community market with many innovative and unique features that go beyond simple forums. Yet, people still choose to remain loyal to other sites and talk down about ours, calling our site witty names like "Toonerz" and "Toon-town". All while the people who own and operate the sites they are loyal to come and go.

DSMtuners' commitment to the DSM community is unrivaled by other DSM community sites. It was founded by a DSM enthusiast and continues to be operated by that same person - not a company who owns 100 other forum sites. Anyone who calls this site "Toonerz", or some other degrading name, simply does not care enough about the DSM community to realize what we stand for and what we continue to do in this market. The real DSMers who contribute to this community and want to see it thrive understand and appreciate DSMtuners - even if they don't participate here regularly. No other DSM community site owners out there have, or will continue to invest the same amount of time, energy, effort, development, and dedication as we will (and will continue to). Think about that next time you praise other DSM sites while referring to our site in a negative way.

"Toonerz"? Please... Wake up and look beyond the forum cliques that will come and go. Not many can (or will take the time to) build a true resource that goes beyond a simple forum site - especially in an aging community like this, where the last car rolled off the assembly line 10+ years ago. Say what you will about our site's faults, we're still here and we're still doing what we can to keep this community going strong for future DSMers to enjoy and benefit from. If you don't realize how dumb it is to call this site "Toonerz" then you just don't understand what being a DSMer is all about. Simple as that.

-"DSMtooner" for life
("Toon-town" owner)

Chris. It's folks who were either emotionally scared because they were morons and didn't follow the rules; or dimwits who cant see past their brown nose to think about the various contributions this site has made to the whole community over the years it's been in existance. They attack the quality of this culture because of the newbs attracted to it. And use their various questions or input as a means to insult. "If this where on toonerz". "Go to Toonerz with that question" or "idea". Idiots that don't see the silly crap in their own favorite little net-hood.

. . . That's my take on the losers that criticize this site. I'm replying because its right in this thread if this is the "dumbest thing you've heard a dsmer say" :). The same kind of crowd seams to be critical of everything other than cookie cutters and chocolate chips. They're attempting to promote a style instead of a stat. There are 1 million wrongs ways to do things and a million right ways. But a brand of person that can't see tremendous benefit to this site culture typically doesn't care much for innovation, detailed explanations, honest evaluation, and quality cross examination of what works and what doesn't for the type of performance one wants. Idiots will be idiots. Sheep always herd.

You're right to be very proud. This site promotes truth that speaks loudly and clearly, dispite the newb static; which can't be said of other forums. No fluff. No "cool club" highschool antics.

I may get aggravated with the amount of misinformation on this site, mainly due to how many "newbs" this site attracts. But it's always the first site I search when looking for answers. You have to learn how to scroll through the misinformation to find the truth (usually you can tell the difference between opinion and fact if you have half a brain). But there is no larger better run dsm site on the web IMHO.

As for the "dumbest thing I've heard a dsmer say"

Kid in a local college parking lot with a very nice looking 2gb talon.
Me: hey nice talon, got any mods done to it?
kid: no it's stock, but I'm going to put z3 fenders on it and a cold air intake
me: You know you'll have to custom make a cold air intake and have to remove the side mount intercooler most likely
kid: i'll just buy it off ebay
me: have a good day.

Not a great story, but I seen the car about a year later and it had been nearly totalled. Stupid kids who end up with great cars annoy me. I always try to introduce them to our local site and here to hopefully get them out of the ricer blow up the car phase.

Some Honda kid told me he was doing a k20 swap and would be running 30 pounds of boost on a t3/t04 turbo with 550 injectors.

I had three problems with what he said.

Aluminum block + 30 PSI = Usually destruction of some sort.... (without sleeving)
t3/t04 turbo = A complete n00b. Thats all i ever here nowadays. "What kind of turbo you got?" "Oh you know a t3/t04 turbo" Really, you should know the name of the turbo.... and some specs....
550cc injectors on any t3/t04 at 30 psi = IMPOSSIBLE.

Honda kids, emphasise on the KIDS, always EXAGGERATE the truth, or in this case lies....

Then he continued to say he would annihilate me in the 1/4 mile.

I told him id call my friend to call him and we would race at the track.

Had a guy who ownes 3 DSM's say "You dont need to clean your IC its a waste of time". I feel sorry for his poor cars. As for this site I would like to thank Chris for starting the best DSM site on the net. Its easy to use and find info. problems are resolved with the quickness and the members are always willing to help. To those who put it down if you dont like the site go away we dont need you. Thanks again, Jeff

Dumbest thing I've heard a DSMer say? "DSMtoonerz"

Amen! If your site wasn't here then chances are I would have sold my car a long time ago. Other sites are more for entertainment than actual content. I can't tell you how many time I've seen new threads on other forums bringing up something that was done here years beforehand.

I don't really have a dumbest thing I've heard a DSMer say, but I do have a story about the dumbest "DSMer"... Last night my dad and I were out shopping for xmas presents for my sister. On the way home in the Talon he asked me to stop at the gas station for cigarettes so I pulled in and noticed a white 2Gb RS. Anyways, I don't know what the dudes problem driving was but he was bitching out the cute girl that works there alone demanding who knows what. Mind you this is a little gas stop with only her there and the place has been robbed a few times in the past. My dad was in there and the guy continues yelling at her so my dad told him he best get the F out now or there are going to be problems. The guy runs out to the car with his gf inside and starts revving the shit out of the car and spins the tires out of the spot. I puled beside him in the Talon and he had the most pissed off face I've ever seen. I just smiled at him and went on my way.

Some Honda kid told me he was doing a k20 swap and would be running 30 pounds of boost on a t3/t04 turbo with 550 injectors.

I had three problems with what he said.

Aluminum block + 30 PSI = Usually destruction of some sort.... (without sleeving)
t3/t04 turbo = A complete n00b. Thats all.

There are a lot of Honda engines running big power on stock sleeves the non FRM type block which in not all series have. The majority of them have cast iron liners like a 4g63 does.

(FRM Fiber reinforced metal consisting of carbon and aluminum other manufacturers use different compositions than Honda) Cast Iron is not as strong as ductile iron which is what aftermarket sleeving companies make use of..

Engines that have these liners are:
B21A1 H22A1 H22A4 H22A H23A F20C C32B

Even the 4g63 cast iron liner is not as strong as the ductile iron liners available for their blocks however any engine can be sleeved.

Apparently some of the 91 talons came with a skyline head and ran 4's. Dont ask any questions about the story, but if you dont beileve me PM Coup D'tat....he was there with me....WTF

Oh and I like the good ol' "Boost Fluid" HAHAH Where can I buy more boost fluid? - DSM Forums

Wow I read that thread from 2002 and all I have to say is, HAHAHAHAHHAHAH.
But honestly though, I feel bad for the kid because the owner found an car idiot to sell his busted dsm to. I felt bad that the kid thought that turboes use boost fluid, but I do appreciate someone new trying to get into cars and DSM's I bet by now the guy figured all his stuff out. I dont blame him though: untill I started taking my car apart and figuring out how it works I was convinced that its a GST without a turbo on it. Thats what the dick previous owner told me. I will never be a dick like that. Hey, if somebody wants to buy my DSM - we got a new DSMer in town and I appreciate that.

oh man youtube is full of this crap
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijJgZWGO3VI"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijJgZWGO3VI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

can you guys tell im bored LOL

DUDE YOU ARE ####ING AWESOME!!!! How the hell do you manage to keep a straight face while asking this? LOL " so you got a turbo rotary in there, with headers and pistons and everything?" L M F A O

Well the dumbest thing that ever happened to me while i had my GS is, Im driving home from work and stopped at a red light next to these two kids in a hyundai sonata. yes a hyundai sonata. So my music was pretty loud and I see these kids starting to look and talk about me and my car so I turned the music down because I didnt want to seem like an asshole. I could tell from the looks of it that he was putting my car down. So when the light turns green i hear his tires smoked and his poor hyundai got floored and launched as hard as it could. I drove normally and didnt bother to even try anything.

However most of the time I feel dumb because my car is a GS. I wouldnt say that most people would say its ricey but to me its a rice cooker. It looks great, but its very very slow. And I feel like a douche when people ask me how much boost Im running and I have to say none. I guess the fact its a 5 speed helps me abit LOL.

well it kind of annoys me when i get asked if its a gsx and there looking at they sticker when they ask me LOL.. another i was in high school non dsm related where this mexican dude said a corbra can do 80 in first gear LOL haha that was funny and he drove a ### prelude..

I over heard some wanna be thug driving a 4G bragging about beating a Neon on the interstate...

well it kind of annoys me when i get asked if its a gsx and there looking at they sticker when they ask me LOL.. another i was in high school non dsm related where this mexican dude said a corbra can do 80 in first gear LOL haha that was funny and he drove a ### prelude..

we had a latino kid in my highschool that sounded just like joker from next friday. Anyways he had a Rousch mustang. (v6 model body kit and side exit exhaust) well he brought it to auto tech class and tried to tell all of us that it was over 400 hp and was a 4.2L.

The teacher started to bust his balls because he took off the catylist sticker and the teacher is like that is very illegal and you can go to jail over it and that is not a 4.2L in that car. He said that thing is a turd and I wouldn't drive a fast and furious mustang around like that.

the whole class busted out laughing at him and he bailed for the rest of the day. He actually tried telling people that he had cameras in the mirrors and all kinds of bull. He also had a fox body that he tried to tell me he had a 351c not a windsor a Cleveland motor. It was even better when he was at the part store ordering parts for it and only a couple weeks later had to return them. because they didn't work. So I just looked at him and said "dude its a 302... Quit lying about it and no one believes you"

I swear that kid is a complete tool

oh man youtube is full of this crap
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijJgZWGO3VI"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijJgZWGO3VI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

can you guys tell im bored LOL

What's so funny about this video? Mustang GT-R Rotarys are fast!!!! I got smoked by one in my 300psi B18B Integra last year. :tease: ROFL ROFL ROFL

we had a latino kid in my highschool that sounded just like joker from next friday. Anyways he had a Rousch mustang. (v6 model body kit and side exit exhaust) well he brought it to auto tech class and tried to tell all of us that it was over 400 hp and was a 4.2L.

The teacher started to bust his balls because he took off the catylist sticker and the teacher is like that is very illegal and you can go to jail over it and that is not a 4.2L in that car. He said that thing is a turd and I wouldn't drive a fast and furious mustang around like that.

the whole class busted out laughing at him and he bailed for the rest of the day. He actually tried telling people that he had cameras in the mirrors and all kinds of bull. He also had a fox body that he tried to tell me he had a 351c not a windsor a Cleveland motor. It was even better when he was at the part store ordering parts for it and only a couple weeks later had to return them. because they didn't work. So I just looked at him and said "dude its a 302... Quit lying about it and no one believes you"

I swear that kid is a complete tool

Dude, you need to retake Automotive 101. That bodykit automatically makes it a Rouch and gives it 500whp. The JDM Rouch sticker gives it an extra 5whp. :tease: ROFL ROFL ROFL :tease:

When i was selling my 2g, a guy called me and asked what kind of blow off valve it had, I said it was an ebay knock off. He said, "what does it sound like?" I said " vooooom PSSSSSSSH!" He said, "Yea thats a 1g crushed." I said no, "its a knock off ebay." He said, "yea definately 1g crushed."

I finally met the guy that owns a 2gb n/t, with a huge ass wing on the back. Well while talking to him I realized that I should just shut up and let him talk. He was sayin that a t3/t4 set up is better than a big 16g/20g or a holset. He went on to say that the 4g63 block was garbage and couldnt hold up to the power and a abuse of being turbo'd, but the 420a was the strongest motor that was used in the eclipse. Later on that night he went on to say that the dodge/chrysler motors that mitsu used are all scrap metal. By the end of the convo I wanted to either slap him or jump out in heavy traffic so I wouldnt have to put up with this convo anymore. OH one more thing he also told me that all aftermarket turbo manifolds were just headers and the only manifold was the stock cast one.

I ran into a Green 2gB GST at 1 am this morning in a safeway parking lot, i asked the people inside and they said they didnt know, Some old guy came out wondering why i asked about his car, I told him that I had two GSX's before and he yelled at me "This is not the time to ask about a car, someone will take it the wrong way blah blah, I just replied with 'My bad dude, I just thought it was a teenagers, and it was clean'," he just yelled, mean mugged , drove off then a cop rolled through mean mugging me, I was really mad. Last time I will compliment someones car..........-__-
-shane

It's so not worth it to street race. They should have learned the joys of autocross.

So I posted an ad on CL on parts I have for sale. A guy, claiming to be a DSM mechanic for X amount of years and has rebuilt motors for them, blah, blah, blah, hits me up asking about a block I had for sale. He came over, looked at it and bought it. I was asking $100, but I ended up accepting $70. He saw my Ebay Evo III 16G and wanted to buy it for $20. I told him no. Its blown, but I'm not taking $20 for it. He said "come on, I'm buying a bunch of parts from you". (Like 1 block is a lot LOL). He takes it home and calls me a few days later asking what year the block was from. I told him a '92 and he proceeded to ask if it was a 6bolt or 7bolt (granted '92 was both). I told him 6bolt and an easy way to tell was by counting the flywheel bolts. He says "I didn't know that. I'm glad its not a 7bolt kuz of crankwalk". A few days later he calls asking about my Evo III 16G and that he needed the "intake and exhaust sides". I told him I promised the hotside to someone, but I'd be glad to sell him the housing. He said "no, I need the intake and exhaust sides". I explained to him that they're called a housing and hotside (respectivally). Then he asked me to hold on a second, where he calls out to his friend asking the difference between the 13B and 14B. Damn, I wanted to slap him for claiming to be this bad ass DSM mechanic, but he doesn't know the difference in the 13B/14B or how to tell a 6bolt/7bolt apart when its right there. *facepalm*

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back