The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Duluth DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Check out who I ran into just today while I was out.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just the car, no owner in site. Your car's in super clean condition! Thing's mint all around. Wheels don't look too bad in person actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've still never seen either of you two around.

Anyway, Ryan (wiscbadger) and I are talking about cruising on Friday this week for sure. We don't have a time yet but I'm assuming we'd be meeting at a gas station somewhere. Preferably one with E85.. LOL.

Sounds like a plan. Only place that has E85 around here, that I know of, is near the mall on the hill. 21st Ave exit off of 35 going north? Whatever gas station that one is, can't remember.

Plans changed, is Saturday okay?

And no worries on the gas station. I forgot Hansens has it over by my place.

And I know there's E85 over at the gas station by Country Kitchen, and the Holiday just past it.

I will be joining you guys on saturday. Maybe one day ill be able to run e-85 :( everyone should go, so break all of your plans and come out saturday. Otherwise your no longer in the family circle...

Plans changed, is Saturday okay?

And no worries on the gas station. I forgot Hansens has it over by my place.

And I know there's E85 over at the gas station by Country Kitchen, and the Holiday just past it.

Sounds like a plan. I get done with work around 6. I imagine we'll be doing something a bit later so I can go home quick? Doubt I work on Sunday, but we'll find out within a few days. Any place in particular that we're meeting?

Dang, I have to work this Saturday :(

Check out who I ran into just today while I was out.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just the car, no owner in site. Your car's in super clean condition! Thing's mint all around. Wheels don't look too bad in person actually.

Is that my car you are talking about?

I work tomorrow too but I get done at 10pm.

Okay we are meeting at the BP I mentioned at 11pm. Hope that works for everybody! We will invite other car guys who are friends of ours, so invite your friends with nice cars too!

hey guys, im new to DSM's and to this site. Bought my car in May, but now its not running well, once i get it all together i would love to join you in duluth and maybe some cities trips eventually

hey guys, im new to DSM's and to this site. Bought my car in May, but now its not running well, once i get it all together i would love to join you in duluth and maybe some cities trips eventually

Good to hear there's another DSMer up in the Northland. If you need any help, there's a couple guys up there that have had quite a few DSMs. I used to work with one. He'll be working at the O'Reilly's that's being built up there. Good guy, knows his stuff.
But if you're in the area at all, just give me a holler and I'll lend a hand, or if I travel up that way anytime soon.

Also, see you guys there at 11. Sure you can't make it Hjelle? And it's a damn good thing you didn't help me. LOL

If its Nick O then i know who your talking about, he was actually going to help me with my car a little. Long story short it sounded like a lifter tick, had a few people tell me it was a lifter tick. then as i was on the way to pick up new lifters. it started getting louder and it like lost power and wouldn't idle. The sound went from a tick to an erratic pinging noise.. any help on diagnosis would be great.

I just looked at my car again, and it is the rod bearing. good news bad news, ill get to save the head and bolt ons, but probably need a new turbo or get this one redone. Looks like i won't be able to join you guys this year, but maybe next! ill keep in touch
P.S. If anybody runs accross a 6 bolt block please let me know haha

I just looked at my car again, and it is the rod bearing. good news bad news, ill get to save the head and bolt ons, but probably need a new turbo or get this one redone. Looks like i won't be able to join you guys this year, but maybe next! ill keep in touch
P.S. If anybody runs accross a 6 bolt block please let me know haha

Might be able to get away with putting in a new bearing depending on the condition of the crank and the rod. Otherwise, a little machining can get it done and taken care of. Just make sure to pick up some new bearings. ACL makes good ones. And use plenty of assembly lube.

Might be able to get away with putting in a new bearing depending on the condition of the crank and the rod. Otherwise, a little machining can get it done and taken care of. Just make sure to pick up some new bearings. ACL makes good ones. And use plenty of assembly lube.

Thanks, ill get it apart soon and take a look, i think the piston might have detached from the connecting rod and its just kinda doing its think in the cylinder

I know this is way late notice but tomorrow (Friday) we're going to be meeting again. This time it will be at 7pm at the parking lot in canal park by the short bridge. I don't really know how else to describe it.

So Hjelle, if you can make it out that'd be great! And for everyone lurking and not posting, come out and introduce yourself. Even if you don't have a DSM now or have never owned one but are a car guy/girl in general feel free to come by!

Okay, our next meet is going to be at 40th Ave W BP again.

This time we are meeting at 10pm on Friday 9/14. Like I said before, bring your friends as they are always welcome!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back