The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink DSMlink V3 log some tuning and knock issues, please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshky9

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 18, 2005
Canal Fulton, Ohio
Just got DSMlink V3 and tried to follow the tutorials provided on their website. Here is a bit of everything idle and cruise. We have been having trouble with getting knock and working with the MAF compensation. This is the best we have gotten it so far. Please help but try and be easy, very new to dsmlink tuning. Thanks

Attachments

• log.2011.01.06-08.elg
    346.8 KB · Views: 231
It look's like something is causing the knock sensor to pick up knock. Check the knock sensor too see if it's still good. Also i would click on the als/knock tab and set it to read at 3500rpm and 35% TPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
It look's like something is causing the knock sensor to pick up knock. Check the knock sensor too see if it's still good. Also i would click on the als/knock tab and set it to read at 3500rpm and 35% TPS.

I agree, I certainly dont see it being an issue with timing because it would be more frequent.

I was going to suggest phantom knock/picking something else up considering you were at 14% throttle. I have my ALS/knock set to 3000 just because it picks up my little bit of lifter tick below that.

Thanks everyone. Once I adjust the knock settings if i still see knock above 3.5k should I be worried. Other than that does everything seem to be somewhat ok? What should be my next steps in tuning. Thanks for the fast replies. Also I have visually inspected the knock sensor, no junk or goop coming from it.

Like he said your knock sensor needs to be replaced or tightened up, the torque specs are 17 ft/lbs. If theres black gooey liquid coming out of the back of the sensor its definitely bad and needs to be replaced. Its also possible you have something causing vibration thats getting picked up, a down-pipe hitting the oil pan or a collapsed lifter for example. If you know of something like this is occurring then its going to have to be fixed so you can confidently tune WOT using the knock sensor.

Your MAFComp does need some work like you mentioned and your idling in that log for maybe 5 seconds so I need some more to go off of to help you with the lower MAF Hz adjustments. The changes I made in the picture below were based on your cruise log in your OP and me assuming that your GM MAF idles around 550-600Hz. You didn't have but maybe 5 seconds of idle in that log so I couldn't tell how well your idle FT's were...
The GM doesn't have baro or intake temperature sensors built into like the stock 1g or 2g MAF either, because of this you'll want to go to your ECU inputs tab and lock your "intake temperature and baro".

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

ok took it out for a cruise using the suggestions on adjusting the knock sensor values. Actually did some pulls watching for knock the most we got was .4 at around 5k and it felt pretty good actually and the O2 sensor read relatively rich. I can definitely hear some lifter tick at lower RPMs so we are hoping that is the cause but we realize we need to get to the bottom of the problem. We will post a log later once we work out a few more details.

Just to give everyone an update. The car is actually running the best its ever been since dialing it in better with the link. We are thinking noisy lifters is causing phantom knock. Will update again once we change out the lifters. Thank you for all your help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back