The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

DSMLink on iPad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Widow97

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 2, 2010
Oxbow, North_Dakota
Hey tuners, I was thinking about my options for tuning my car when I get it put back together. I have already decided I want to run Link. Basically I want to get a small computer to keep in the car and tune and have devoted to tuning. I am a mac guy, so I was wondering if it would be possible to run Link on the iPad? I have never used any sort of engine management before and I dont really know how it works and connects to your computer. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but as you can see I'm a noob.:coy: My other thought was to run it on a netbook of some sort, I'm not a fan of PC so I was hoping not to have to resort to this. Thanks in advance for the help people, you guys rock:hellyeah:

You can't use it on the iPad for the same reason you can't on the iPhone.

If you want something small, a netbook might be best for you.

Sorry but u cant run it on apple because the kernel of the program is windows and mac cant run windows kernels, ipad cant run programs unless there off the app store, and dsmlink isnt on there LOL, the DSMLINK hooks up thru usb, which would also be hard for ipad, and it comes with a disc when u order it that u have to install on the pc, just get a netbook u dont need anything on it but DSMLINK so if u want install a mac theme on it LOL, there are really no difference between the 2 operating systems when this program is on table,

Sorry but u cant run it on apple because the kernel of the program is windows and mac cant run windows kernels, ipad cant run programs unless there off the app store, and dsmlink isnt on there

You can run ECMlink on OSX. Note the download for OSX.
ECMTuning, Inc.

However, the iPad doesn't run OSX, so you're out of luck there.

the DSMLINK hooks up thru usb, which would also be hard for ipad

It's not a problem since they make an adapter for where the charging cable plugs in to go to USB.

it comes with a disc when u order it that u have to install on the pc,

As I noted above, you can download the ECMlink software. You don't have to install it from the CD.

All in all, the answer is no. But just figured I'd clear up some of the misinformation.

You can run ECMlink on OSX. Note the download for OSX.
ECMTuning, Inc.

However, the iPad doesn't run OSX, so you're out of luck there.

It's not a problem since they make an adapter for where the charging cable plugs in to go to USB.

As I noted above, you can download the ECMlink software. You don't have to install it from the CD.

All in all, the answer is no. But just figured I'd clear up some of the misinformation.
Thank u

:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back