The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

DSM4LIFE-AWD JDM GSR-4 91 Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had a chance to work on the car yesterday ...

M16 x 1.5 to block the turbo water return
null_zpse93ddebe.jpg

Special SpeedFlow -10AN to -10ORB tube adapter, yes it's me again showing you how to keep your timing cover without hurting your fuel flow. Would have like to see this since it took almost 1 mounth to get the adapter ...
null_zpsfe68c43a.jpg

null_zps7b705748.jpg

Crappy pics but it's all I have, the upper radiator hose has been changed already. Well I just flipped it around so the 45* is now on the radiator. That gave me clearance I needed to run the 4" FP intake pipe ... You'll see in my next update.
null_zps97423cc2.jpg

null_zps65bfd2e2.jpg

Stay tuned !

Nice, that fitting works perfect! Almost worth buying that Magnus rail just for that. I don't know if any other rails have the threaded return side like that.

How do you like the catch can? Waiting for him to finish mine up soon.

Nice, that fitting works perfect! Almost worth buying that Magnus rail just for that. I don't know if any other rails have the threaded return side like that.

How do you like the catch can? Waiting for him to finish mine up soon.

That fuel rail isn't available anymore, that the old style one ... Now it's the 1 piece design they sell wich is also -10 o-ring boss at each end so this adapter would also work on the new design. I tryed everything, even a direct port fitting from Aeroquip and it still was too long. Using a straigh adapter with a 90* hose end was even worste ... After talking with Marco I decided to gave this one a try since a hard 90* will hurt the flow (like the low profile Earl fitting), those aren't hose end you want to use on a fuel system ... Now with this tube it's perfect.

If you find an other setup with -10 hose for the return using aftermarket fuel rail with the timing cover on that aren't using sharp 90* adapter please show me because the one I've seen where hacked ...

The Calan catch can, well it's a pretty nice piece and I'm proud to have one. It would be awesome if they would be shaped like the frontline fabrication one to give more space in the bay but it more than good. Can't wait to test it :thumb:

That was one clean 1g, very clean setup. Why'd you do that to the front bumper?

That was one clean 1g, very clean setup. Why'd you do that to the front bumper?

Done the home depot lip for fun. You don't really see it but the bumper needed a paint job and I didn't wanted to do it. I've run the home depot lip for one summer, it was fun to drive and wasn't looking that bad I think ... Anyway now it's gone.

Now I'll be running a splitter. Why ? Because it's my car and I like splitter, simple as that. :p

Aren't you sebba who's ban from DSMTalk after giving bad advice and things like that ? ROFL

Someone wanted an easy method to polish the lip on their wheels. They didn't have a lathe so I told them a way to accomplish it, although not recommended. Front of the car on jackstands, second gear at idle and go at it with a little fine wet/dry. It's a method I've seen done many times before. They banned me for that.

I was banned (many years ago now) because they were gunning for me, plain and simple. That site is chock full of c0ck gobblers, nut swingers, and sheep. #### 'em.

Someone wanted an easy method to polish the lip on their wheels. They didn't have a lathe so I told them a way to accomplish it, although not recommended. Front of the car on jackstands, second gear at idle and go at it with a little fine wet/dry. It's a method I've seen done many times before. They banned me for that.

I was banned (many years ago now) because they were gunning for me, plain and simple. That site is chock full of c0ck gobblers, nut swingers, and sheep. #### 'em.

Dangerous yes it is ... Done by professionnal, yes it is ... At the Grand Prix or GP F1 here at Montreal Quebec Canada in the pit that's how Formula 1 tuned their car all night long. We where walking and car where doing pull and not at idle speed my friend. Maybe better stand than the one we use to work on our car ...

That's also how my friend who work for Toyota racing team tuned their car. Putted it on stand, and did some WOT pull while pushing the brake pedal, not the best but better than nothing when it's all you can do before the race ...

Yeah well they were ####ing outraged and freaked out, which got me banned.

beautiful car buddy and one q1uestion...
What does GSR-4?
Greetings

Thanks brother, I don't know what GSX mean but GSR-4 is the same in JDM edition ... They are the same except a few things like side flasher, some orange in the back light, fog lights aren't fog they are flasher or hazzard ... Things like that ... And they don't have rust :thumb: ROFL

I even sent my ECU to ECMTuning for v3 and they said that my stock MAP was a bit different than the one they're use to see when stock. Maybe it's because of fuel over there I don't know ... Well that's about it. :hellyeah:

That was a clean car you started with! You don't see to many stock ones that clean. Very nice fabrication by the way. I'm sure there would be some interest in all those solid bushing you made.

Where do you buy the kit to rebuild the power steering?

If you would have read a bit you would already know that I've build everything. Never bought such kit ... Power steering is gone I'll be running my depower rack with the torsion bar welded. Should feel like a go cart haha will see :)

The pic you quoted are my cap to block the line on the steering rack.

Damn man I love the custom parts you made for the suspension really cool, do they even make the bushings you made? The ones for the control arms. I just installed my control arm inserts wish I had the setup like yours.

Damn man I love the custom parts you made for the suspension really cool, do they even make the bushings you made? The ones for the control arms. I just installed my control arm inserts wish I had the setup like yours.

Thanks man :)

And no you can't buy the bushings for the control arm ... Any machine shop will be able to turn you a set wirh the pics I posted.

How did you do the vent in the headlight? Car looks great and I like how you custom made all the bushings and spacers....

First off i want to say beautiful car and i know i would be interested in those bushings that you made if you ever would consider making them pm me with pricing

I forgot to update this thread so here's the update in a rush ...

Had probleme with the brake system, now it works fine ... It was a bad prop valve ... So here we go :)

Here's something new ...

Found this gauge on ebay for 100$ new with probe :D
null_zps1bde3aa8.jpg

Got my new OEM proportional valve ...
null_zps7a6c3c34.jpg

Here how the car sits, Tein at the lowest setting. Still running the 2 lock nut on the coil ...
null_zpsa471d868.jpg

null_zps0115d420.jpg

Brackets to hold the core ... Still need to weld something under to hold it ... Damn running out of idea on that one, I'll try to add support like the JMF one. Will see ...
null_zps69bf3e5e.jpg

null_zpsb329fb22.jpg

Few days after:
We are working in the garage, moving cars and getting ready for the winter ... Didn't have the chance to work on the car untill yesterday.

New non-abs proportionnal valve painted and installed. Finally got my damn brakes all bleed up without any leak. For the clutch it was a joke for the first time of my life, took 5 minutes pumping after adjusting the rod. Will see how it does when the engine will run ... ;)

The new lower intercooler bracket are done and holding strong, 2 pipe 1" square bolted under the rad support. Long enough so they kind of pry and make them stiff enough to hold the IC without any worry. I'll take pic this week after I get them welded, we'll weld them right on the car ...

I'll try to be ready for the the rest, upper piping and the bung for the AIT. From what I've seen it should be close to the BOV ? Also my downpipe that needs to rotate maybe 5* at the flange and weld a bung for the wideband.

Also here's my new daily drive for this winter :D
Dodge Ram Cummins 2500, 2005 AT 65k miles on the clock

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

An other update:
Here's what I did for the car yesterday, also got my new brake lines. :D

null_zpsaa88fece.png

null_zps77b0c30f.png

null_zps6e4dba5d.jpg

null_zps2f6b3c55.jpg

null_zps0b1cd3ed.jpg

It works ! :D

It's not leaking or sweating so far so I'm really happy. The GoodRidge lines don't have a silicon coating so that makes them more flexible. Pics of the lines are bad sorry, I'll take other one.

Done for tonight it's UFC time !

null_zps492fddf2.jpg

null_zpsaeb661bc.jpg

null_zpsecd72a03.jpg

null_zps04a163ff.jpg

null_zps3f284f0d.jpg

null_zpsd2808cb0.jpg

null_zps14a4319b.jpg

More pics than not enough :)

An other update ...
Here are some pictures since I like to take more than not enough, I'll snap other one this evening if I go working on the car ...

null_zps367f35ba.jpg

null_zps6e8ea624.jpg

null_zpsc315bc9b.jpg

null_zps56e7e59c.jpg

null_zpsfe61f74c.jpg

null_zps8b34ee12.jpg

Here are the speakers I had in my 2gen, decided to install them in the 1gen since the 2g isn't running a radio ;)

null_zps4598f416.jpg

Fresh front GoodRidge brake lines, don't have pics of the back ...

null_zps6cde198c.jpg

null_zpsad765183.jpg

I also decided to rip all the ABS harness with the abc ecu while installing my 0ga wire, it gave me enough space to hide the 0ga wire where the stock harness was ... I also removed the abs sensor and all the wiring under the car. I had some old rubber plug/cap from other cars that I used plug where the abs harness was, it looks really good. It was just long to find the plug in my stuff haha :) I'll make some block off plate to be sure no crap fall where the sensor was. I tought about ordering OEM plug/cap but I've read that non abs one don't have the hole in the knuckle so I'll fab some plate ... Interior should go back in next time I'll work on the car.

Woooooooow........ Now this is a build you dont see very often! Clean car, tasteful mods, everything is grade A work. Keep the updates coming

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back