The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

DSM miles

How many miles are on your dsm?

• Under 20,000

Votes: 14 1.9%
  • 20,000 to 35,000

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • 35,000 to 50,000

Votes: 16 2.2%
  • 50,000 to 65,000

Votes: 36 5.0%
  • 65,000 to 85,000

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • 85,000 to 100,000

Votes: 97 13.4%
  • over 100,000

Votes: 459 63.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pimpthatride

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 27, 2002
Fargo_North_Dakota
I found a 1996 talon and it has alot of miles, but the car has been well taken care of and everthing that has been done to it has a record. They want about 5,195 but if i were to get it i would try to lower it, because KBB says it has a retail of 4550 and thats a big dif...

Tell me what you guys think..

Tap

Bring cash you would crap you;re pants at how low people will go with cash in their face .Offer them like 4 grand cash they will take it.

Thats what i was planing on doing just bringin like 4 large w/me from my loan and just saying here it is, my final offer, and thats it.....

I hope it will happen..

After losing out on my "perfect car" it looks like I will be buying a high mile, around 100,000, 2g Eclipse sometime this Dec. I have no problems tearing apart the engine and rebuilding it w/ major mods but besides a clutch what will I need to do, or will, the tranny hold up to the increase in power?
Looking to increase my output to around 300-350hp

Ok, what else would I need to look at on a high mile car? axles, boots,???

Hey
i was wondering, i found a car im very interested in, its a 1998 Gs-t with 80k miles on it. There mostly highway miles and im wondering if 80K is too much. How long do these type of cars last? thanks
Justin

That's alot but not too much. I have 65k on my 95 AWD.

Later,

I'm at 161k and mine is still running pretty well :)

I got 120,550 right now, all where pretty well driven miles! Runs butter then my bro's 99 gs spyder! But im near stock.

Whats the Mileage on everyones car?

Also,
I plan to buy an AWD turbo 2nd gen dsm, so what price am i looking at for a car with decent mileage? umm.. wait, what is decent mileage? LOL

Check out the thread in the hangout eveyone mileage is there.

Later,

Take before it needs rebuilt, this car has 12Ok on it but a old man had it. Any info would be great. Also what do you look for to see if the motor and tranny is going out

My older Talon that wasnt turbo, but had 174,000 miles still worked fine when I sold it. I'm shure with proper care and matanance it could go another 100k.

It all depends on how the car was driven how how well people have kept up with maintance. Do a compression check, that will tell you how the engine is doing and whether or not a rebuild is needed in the near future or not.

106,652 on a 1998 stock 7-bolt and head minus cams retainers and springs. No crank walk!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back