The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G dsm gst manual trans help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Miller

Proven Member
Jan 27, 2020
Watertown, Wisconsin
Hello fellow dsm addicts!
I am in the process of rebuilding my 1997 eclipse gst manual trans. I installed new tie rod ends and the passenger side axle. The problem that I am confused about is I can spin the drive axle while the transmission is in gear. It is not spinning the motor over and spins with ease. I hooked up a 1/2 inch rachet to the crank pully bult and turned the motor over and it did not turn the drive axle at all. I tried this in all the gears but nothing seems to be working. I installed a new clutch and flywheel and I'm certain I installed everything properly as the kit made it fool proof. idk if it matters but there is no fluid in the trans at all. Not sure what is going on, let me know what you think.

Wheela in the air you can't so what you're suggesting. It just spins the other axle. Check out how diffs work and you will underatand

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back