1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G DSM 4g63T into a RHD EVO 4

Posted by Eclipselover, Jun 8, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Eclipselover

Eclipselover Probationary Member

Joined Jun 23, 2018
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    hi everyone I have a built 1997 eclipse with the 4G motor

I found a evo for sale that has crank walk
    But it looks like everything like the filter and fuses/ battery are on the completely opposite side

Is it possible to drop in my motor ?

2. jdxnc

jdxnc Proven Member

Joined Sep 15, 2009
    Stanstead, Vermont
    Not without a hell of a LOT of work modding the Evo shell, the evo trans is not compatible either. You'd be better to find and Evo 8 block.

Street Build 4K  20

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    10.456 @ 136.87 · 2G DSM
  3. Canadian_CD9A

Canadian_CD9A Proven Member

Joined Feb 10, 2012
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    You'll be fabricating mounts, likely modifying a subframe, needing custom axles/driveshaft, redoing intercooler and exhaust piping, not to mention rewiring the engine bay. It's a big job, and I'm not aware of anyone who has done it before. Usually the swap goes the other way.