The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

drivin on torn CV boots

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vans

Probationary Member
Jan 28, 2003
Northbrook, Illinois
what bad things are gonna happen if i keep driving on my torn CV boots?

the frt rt has been torn for like 2 yrs, and both front lefts havebeen torn for only a few months. theres no noise tho

i have the new boots from raxles but im not too motivated to fix it :coy:

Well I drove on one torn one for maybe a week. It started making horrible noises and a bearing fell out of the knuckle and all kinds of dirt and crap ended up creeping into the knuckle. You been luck so far but u really should just change the damned things.

BUN

My advice, change them immedately!

driving back to indy from new orleans, I noticed a bit of wobble and a wierd noise, and noticed the boot was torn, there was some crap in there but still some grease so I kept driving.

another 100 miles down the interstate, it's still vibrating pretty bad but not when i was slightly accelerating. soon i found myself cruising around 120mph, all of a sudden the wheel falls off of the car! luckily i made it to the breakdown lane, had to trailer my car back for repairs. ends up the vibration knocked the lugnuts off, even pulled 2 of the studs out!

change it dude.

~Eric

damn! ive been driving on mine for so long too.

this weekend for sure! i got motor mounts and a camber kit too :D

you will hear clicking then it will go POP then you will call AAA.

mine went out really fast, luckily for me it poped when i was pulling in my driveway.
my freind tho drove 5,000ish miles on his though before it snapped, but his is a 89 civic dx...big difference.

Replace it with the Fidanza axles, i have head nothing but good things about them :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back