1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Door moldings?

Posted by Zufelt, Nov 27, 2013

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Zufelt

Zufelt Proven Member

Joined Oct 15, 2012
    Lemoore, California
    Hey what's up guys, I'm just trying to see if anyone has any pictures of their door jams and side skirts.. I recently took off a body kit the PO had on and am a bit stumped. I put the OEM sideskirts on but it seems as if they should be molded to the car (inside the door jam). Also, is the front skirt molded to the rest of the side skirt? I know it's hard to explain without pictures but my Iphone's broke at the moment. If anyone has any pictures of the inside of their door jam, and/or side skirt pictures I would greatly appreciate it, here are a picture I found I uploaded awhile back. The Door cap has been moved down since then.

E0FFB511-6958-4DBC-8862-BB7B707BD62F-543-000000AEBEF5718C_zps693d922c.jpg

Zufelt

506  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  2. FalleN4ng31

FalleN4ng31 Proven Member

Joined Sep 12, 2007
    Clearwater, Florida
    No, the stockers aren't molded in. And, yes they are two pieces, not molded, though the 'rear' of the skirt has a recess to fit flush with the bit that goes in the fender well. From your pic it looks like you're putting 2GA skirts on and a 2GB door cap. (I'm not sure if there is in difference between the years, though) Y

1384700781958_zps7cb51f20.jpg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013

991  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. Zufelt

Zufelt Proven Member

Joined Oct 15, 2012
    Lemoore, California
    They are both 2GB the reason you probably think that is due to the door cap, which was raised when the body kit was on to fit flush. It's now moved down and looks just like yours. The part that I'm asking if it's molded is inside the door. Where the sideskirt meets the inside of the door, is that molded? I don't have a shot of it but was hoping someone had one of their door jam. (Strange, but hopefully)

Zufelt

506  0

· 2G DSM
  4. FalleN4ng31

Joined Sep 12, 2007
    Clearwater, Florida
    Sorry, it's early and I have yet to have coffee. :p
    Mine don't appear to be, as I can pull back on them and see them separate from the body. AFAIK, it's just some double sided tape, not actually molded in.

20131127_062947_zps85c65714.jpg

991  0

manual · 2G DSM
  5. Zufelt

Zufelt Proven Member

Joined Oct 15, 2012
    Lemoore, California
    Perfect, exactly what I wanted to know. I appreciate the pictures man seems like your having some perfect stay and home and be lazy weather.

Zufelt

506  0

· 2G DSM
  6. FalleN4ng31

Joined Sep 12, 2007
    Clearwater, Florida
    Glad I could help. Weather here is crazy 30-40mph gusts, and rain... But it's still 76º. Florida problems. ROFL

991  0

manual · 2G DSM
  7. Raab1

Raab1 Probationary Member

Joined Aug 13, 2017
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota
    I recently cleaned up my eclipse that has been sitting in the garage for a few year, but while cleaning it I noticed on the passenger side the door molding was partially loose and I noticed that the tabs looked to be broken and the PO tried to silicone it into place. Same with the side skirt. I did a quick search that day and saw a lot of people recommend two sided tape, so I ran and grabbed some and cleaned it up and tried it but didn’t hold the best and I was in a big hurry to get it to the shop for an appointment. Anyone have any other pointers on fixing these problems without just trying to slap some tape on it. Or what does everyone do as I feel like this would be a pretty common problem. Thanks guys!

Street Build 184  11

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  8. Raab1

Raab1 Probationary Member

Joined Aug 13, 2017
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota
    Bump

Street Build 184  11

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  9. Widgmaster