The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Door moldings ffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishBeatdown

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2012
Tucson, Arizona
So I've spent like 2 hours searching for door moldings as the one on the gsx i just bought are flaking off. I can't seem to find them anywhere, and as there isn't a mitzu dealership in Tucson, was hoping that someone knew where to find them? I used the search function but all the threads on this seem to be old, and the links not working anymore, and the vendors websites defunct. Any help would be appreciated.

So I've spent like 2 hours searching for door moldings as the one on the gsx i just bought are flaking off. I can't seem to find them anywhere, and as there isn't a mitzu dealership in Tucson, was hoping that someone knew where to find them? I used the search function but all the threads on this seem to be old, and the links not working anymore, and the vendors websites defunct. Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah the junkyard LOL. Seriously. You either need to find a way to renew your moldings or find some that are in good conditions, sand them down abit and recoat them with trim paint so that they can last.

Yeah, the ones I need are the upper curved variety, looks like I have my work cut out for me, the one i need to fix up has a nice little smile roped into it like someone mashed it with a large blunt instrument. I'll start checking out the salvage places, thanks for the info!

I've never removed the moldings from my gsx but from prior experience i'd say to just fix yours.. Removing those can be a PITA, especially because the clips have a tendency to snap or bend.

When removing the vortex generator from my evo, i had to pull up the molding from the rear window and a few snapped.

Try some sanding and plastidip spray paint...should come pretty close

Yup thats exactly what it is :thumb:

Almost forgot..you'll need a few coats of clear

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back