The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

does color of 1g cas matter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

athlete3344

10+ Year Contributor
May 1, 2010
Tampa, Florida
Cant find it through searches. Does the color/year of a 1g CAS matter when installing in a 95 gst, or is it just a looks preference? Ill be installing it in a 6 bolt block with 1g head.

Really appreciate all the knowledge base here, love the archives!

Cant find it through searches. Does the color/year of a 1g CAS matter when installing in a 95 gst, or is it just a looks preference? Ill be installing it in a 6 bolt block with 1g head.

Really appreciate all the knowledge base here, love the archives!

The difference is between the black and green CAS, There are shades of green, those are no different.

The sensor style is different. I could explain it or you can read it here:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt-tech/345154-green-top-cas-vs-black-top-cas.html

Lol ^he beat me to it when I was looking for the link, but yea there you go.

Last edited:
The black top has higher resolution than the green top, so if you want the best, go with the black top. I would personally go with whatever is cheaper considering you won't notice any difference between the two.

Oh yea, Ive seen that diagram pop up in about 30 different threads. I wasnt to worried about the wiring or anything like that, just couldnt find that one thread about the difference between colors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back