The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Does anyone have valve spring compressor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onebadmofo

Probationary Member
Sep 3, 2008
NYC, New_York
First of all I don't even own a DSM, I have Dodge Stealth twin turbo. It's a 6g72tt (DOHC) but valvetrain design is similar to DSM. Trying to fix my VSS, so can someone please lend me a valve spring compressor tool for a week or so? I'll pay shipping both ways + some beer money. If you're in NYC or around I'll pick it up myself.

Here's my post on 3si so you can be sure I'm not trying to steal your tools or anything like that, my trader rating is visible there.
3si.org/forum/f88/can-someone-lend-me-valve-spring-compressor-432025/

Make your own with a clamp and a large socket with a window cut in it.

that home made compressor works great ,the only thing I would change is the 5/8 socket to a 11/16 ,great tool and very inexpensive ,:thumb:

Do it with the head on the car with this tool: ValveMaster valve keeper tool It worked for me... I did a product review on it but I still haven't uploaded any pictures to it. Great tool though.

Or if the head(s) are off the car just rent one from advance auto when you bring it back they give you your money back. They call it a loaner tool program.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back