The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Does A/C fan NOT help with cooling?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowBird

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio/Tampa, Florida
I took it out for the punishment kit, but havent ran the car yet, and its a stupid question, but do I have to get a slimline since I gutted my A/C? They call it the "A/C" fan, but I thought it still helped with cooling. My car still isnt running so I cant just turn it on and test it. Like I said, I dont have A/C anymore, but I thought models without A/C still had 2 fans.

It seems the first question you asked hasn't really been answered yet. Yes, the AC fan helps cooling. Keep in mind that it only helps at lower speeds, anything remotely fast (45mph) and the fan is simply blocking airflow.

Alright, thanks guys. I will leave it alone for now and if I run into problems while in traffic I will look into getting a slim fan. Thanks again.

Hey guys im bringing this one back.

I recently installed a SBR cast manifold with a Tial Wastegate and dump tube resulting in me needing to remove the A/C fan.

After removing/unplugging the A/C fan the Cooling fan will not kick on. Is this a single circuit that i am interrupting? I did not think that was the case but i am not sure.

I tested this out by driving the car for a bit and coming home, popping the hood and observing the cooling fan not running. Car was at running temp, it should have been on. I then carefully took the A/C fan and plugged it in by holding the shroud above the plug as opposed to where it normally would sit mounted on the radiator. As soon as i plugged the A/C fan in the cooling fan kicked right on and the car idled better and cooled a lot.

What did i not do?

I know i can probably buy a 10" slim fan and wire it on but i see no need and would just like to run the one. (I don't have much room at all)

Thanks for the help.

Alex:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back