The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Do I need tranny work or a new clutch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theonlyjbwcbs

Probationary Member
Sep 20, 2007
Ashburn, Virginia
Ok, here is the issue, while driving in any gear with my foot off the clutch, I get a high pitch whirring noise from the clutch / tranny. When I press the clutch in, the noise goes away, no matter how fast or slow. Does not affect drivability (at the moment). My clutch just started sliooing slightly in 3rd( now I know I need a new clutch). My questin is, is this a tranny problem initially? If so, I don't want to replace the clutch and then shortly I have to go back and pull the trans for repairs. Just trying to keep down on the cost as I am a new, learning NEWBIE :D! Thanks you guys . . . . . . .

Well if you have any doubts about the clutch, you mights as well replace the clutch while your replacing the TOB because it won't be much more work to do that. I reccomend using a mitsu TOB when you replace that too.

japanese TOB :thumb:, taiwan TOB :notgood:, just in case u were thinking on saving some bucks don't. I installed taiwan once and starded doing the same noise after 4 days or so:mad:. You should take advantege of the situation and install some upgrades (pressure plate, clutch disc, flywheel) up to u.

Thanks for the reply you guys and shout out to VIP MOTORSPORTS(Marti and the gang) who will be getting a phone call tomorrow for a new clutch kit. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back