The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

DIFFERENT 1g w/2g MAS question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g00s3y

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2005
East Brunswick, New_Jersey
Ok so i know about a 2g mas in 1g with 550's, safc, and all that. My question is though, i have stock injectors, but an SAFC, Walbro 190, AFPR, AEM Wideband, & a logger. Now I plan on getting 550's in a couple of month's when i get money. But for now would it be ok, or just stupid, to put the 2g MAS in with what i have now and tune it, or just wait till i get the 550's and then put it in. Just want to know the pro's and con's of doing it now, thanks. For other mods please just look in my profile.

The 2g mass has the ability of flowing a larger amount of air because of the larger cross section for metering. It is not going to benefit you with your injectors that you have now.... I mean, it will flow a little more air, and you might get like 1 or 2 hp out of it.... but to me, it's not going to help you.

Now, with that said, that doesn't mean you shouldn't put it on in anticipation for the larger injectors. The afc will allow you the ability to help compensate the extra air flow that it will provide.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back