The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Difference between 2gb and 2ga engine harness (pinouts helpful)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dyesuperman

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Minot, North_Dakota
Working on an engine harness wire tuck on my car right now and am wondering if someone might know exactly what the differences are between a 99 Spyder GST engine harness and a 95 GSX engine harness. I have a spare 99 harness that I have stripped down and am planning on using for the tuck, however, I can't find a separate ECU pinout for the 2gb vs 2ga ECU and harness. I don't want my car to have a lot of downtime for the tuck which is why I am using the spare 99 harness.

I need to know what the 99 harness has extra or different than the 95 harness. I know the CAS will be different, that isn't too much of a problem as I will be wiring in the 1g CAS from my car now into the new harness. Also, the injector wires may need swapped around? And Thomas Dorris mentioned a diagnostic connector on the 99 harness that may not be on the 95? If someone has a pinout of a 99 ECU and a 95 that would be pretty helpful, or if anyone has personally had a 99 harness and 95 harness next to each other and knows the differences. I have tried searching for all of the differences but end up at dead ends.

I've seen a pinout before, but I think that was just 1g compared to 2g. Thanks for any help anyone can give!

-Caleb

The location of the cam sensor and evap/egr solenoids. not specifically engine, but 2gb has a different evap system.

That diagnostic plug is just one wires that runs to pin 79 on the ecu.

There are some differance between the Years...

Looking at a 97+ ECU Pinout Vs 95-96 that are right it becomes pretty apparent... . More then most people realize I think.

Best bet, would be to look at the FSM as it has the full diagrams in them and compare 95-96 Vs 97+ <--- Clickys

Pretty sure those are the right ones if not I have just the Engine wiring diagrams for most the years...

Ok so I just noticed that the circuits posted by ed1380 have the pinout with the auto control module. Are all of these wires eliminated in a manual setup or what? Just going through it to mark any wires that are different between years and noticed the locations for the auto control module and want to know if I don't need to both with any of those wires. Also, it seems the 99 has two separate relays for mfi and fuel pump, whereas the 95 has only one relay for both. It looks like they do the exact same thing and the 95 just combines them both. Any idea how this will work out when plugging in the 99 harness? Do I need the 99 relays for the 99 harness?

Thanks,

-Caleb

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back