The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Did I screw up my slave cylinder?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOSLO2PT0

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2002
Joliet, Illinois
I've forgotten so much stuff since I've last worked on a DSM, plus getting older so I overlook things easily. Tonight I was swapping out the clutch slave cylinder on the car (putting all new components in the clutch system (slave, master cylinders, flywheel and clutch) partially to alleviate the extremely low pedal engagement the car had when I bought it, and partially to upgrade the clutch. The car originally came with a new ACT 2100 but an OEM flywheel that may or may not have been cut. I'll be shimming the pivot ball as well to be on the safe side (still have the original clutch fork and may have some wear). The transmission is also out of the car at the moment. While I was installing the slave cylinder, I depressed the clutch pedal completely with everything hooked up. I overextended the piston in the slave cylinder and lost a lot of fluid. Is this as easy of a fix as just pushing the piston back in and rebleeding the clutch system?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back