The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

IMG_9101.jpeg

Dee’s GVR4

Customer Vr4, getting full custom Haltech Harness, engine harness tuck, Fuse box cleanup etc etc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I’m venturing outside my comfort zone on this one.

Here is a little back story. I met Demetrice a couple of years ago at the shootout and I always admired his passion for this platform especially his GVR4. So this year we spoke about me doing a harness for his Haltech, well that turned into “Hey I’m just going to drop the car off to you after the shootout and you do your magic.

So here we are: the plan is a custom Haltech harness with bulkhead connector, engine bay harness delete/tuck, fuse/relay box rewire, battery relocation cleanup etc, etc, etc. I’m excited to apply some of the things I learned on to this vehicle.

IMG_9100.jpeg

IMG_9071.jpeg

IMG_9069.jpeg

IMG_9070.jpeg

IMG_9083.jpeg

IMG_9084.jpeg

IMG_9085.jpeg

IMG_9087.jpeg

IMG_9086.jpeg
 
Finally got the GVR4 in the garage, first order of business was to clean up the trunk area wiring (battery relocation and fuel pump rewire). I rewired the fuel pump to be controlled thru Haltech. I wanted to give the trunk wiring an OEM look and feel, so I’m using convoluted wiring loom.

IMG_9136.jpeg

IMG_9143.jpeg

IMG_9144.jpeg

IMG_9150.jpeg


Next I started mock-up for the fused distribution box. I’m using the Blue Sea Safety Hub 150. This will power most of the car electronics.

IMG_9149.jpeg
 
Update: So I’m pretty much at a stand still with the trunk mods. Once I get some parts in, I can run the power wires for the starter and alternator. Now it time for some disassembly. First order was to get the oem engine harness and Haltech plug and play removed. I will say this was a pain in the arse. The harness is attached to a stud located right behind the HVAC blower motor. On a good note I think I found a trick place to mount the Haltech 1500.
IMG_9166.jpeg
IMG_9167.jpeg
IMG_9168.jpeg
IMG_9171.jpeg
IMG_9174.jpeg
IMG_9175.jpeg
IMG_9176.jpeg
IMG_9177.jpeg
IMG_9178.jpeg
Finally got everything removed, now it’s time for the fun stuff. Next on the list is to fab up some brackets for the fuel filter, catch can , fpr, and boost controller. Also I will start laying down a template for the harness build.
IMG_9180.jpeg
IMG_9179.jpeg
 
Update: So I’m pretty much at a stand still with the trunk mods. Once I get some parts in, I can run the power wires for the starter and alternator. Now it time for some disassembly. First order was to get the oem engine harness and Haltech plug and play removed. I will say this was a pain in the arse. The harness is attached to a stud located right behind the HVAC blower motor. On a good note I think I found a trick place to mount the Haltech 1500.
View attachment 800331View attachment 800332View attachment 800333View attachment 800334View attachment 800335View attachment 800336View attachment 800337View attachment 800338View attachment 800339Finally got everything removed, now it’s time for the fun stuff. Next on the list is to fab up some brackets for the fuel filter, catch can , fpr, and boost controller. Also I will start laying down a template for the harness build.
View attachment 800340View attachment 800341
 
Quick Update: Making some progress on the VR4. So after speaking to Dee yesterday, he wanted to convert to flex fuel while everything was disassembled. I made some brackets for the FPR and purchased one for the flex fuel sensor. Next I gathered the material and made the engine bay fuel lines. It’s a tight fit with the manifold, but nothing is touching. Also got the boost controller mounted. Next on the list is to get the catch can mounted and run vacuum lines before the turbo manifold gets removed and coated.
IMG_9190.jpeg
IMG_9191.jpeg
IMG_9192.jpeg
IMG_9193.jpeg
 
Small update: So found a place to mount the Haltech Elite 1500. The vr4 stock ecu location is the perfect spot and keeps that oem+ look. So I removed the bracket and welded two studs to it. The plan is to fab a quick release bracket that uses wing nuts. Next I’m going to add some rubber padding to isolate any vibrations and some small spacers.
IMG_9194.jpeg
IMG_9195.jpeg
IMG_9196.jpeg
IMG_9197.jpeg
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 2g 2g AWD auto trans case
    2g AWD auto trans case. No broken bolts or stripped threads. Bead blasted case will look new...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 2g 2g GST auto trans case
    2g auto trans case. With bearing plate and end case covers. Good condition. Trans was like...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • Wanted 2g 2g radiator support
    Im looking for a radiator support if anyone has one
    • Fundsm
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 3 inch Magnaflow SS high flow cat. CA approved.
    3 inch Magnaflow stainless cat. High flow. 18.25 inches. Flange holes are 4 1/8 center. Has...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 4G63 Race parts.
    Brand new seal in box Kigglys HLA 175$Kigglys 12 tooth billet crankshaft triggel setup 250$...
    • GST2012GSX
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top