The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

DDM HID Kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98mitsubishigst

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I was looking on the DDM website and was wondering,

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Apexcone-Raptor-HID-Kit

I was going to go with:

Wattage: 55w
Bulb Type: 9006/HB4
Bulb Color: 6000k

Now It says;
HID Harness - Do i need this?
Error Eliminator - Do i need this?
Adaptor Cables - Do i need this?
Mounting Brackets - Do i need this?

i would like to just spend the 45$ total on these, i don't really feel like i need to buy the HID harness, Error Eliminator, Adaptor Cables, and Mounting Brackets.. Do i ?

Buy the kit if its what you want. My headlights were aimed lower, and ive never had anyone so much as flash their lights at me.

Yeah thats what everyone around here does. =P

I don't care if you didn't ask those questions. You were told what this will do, and aiming the lights down won't do jack shit. Good luck.

Then GTFO my post bro. Sorry to sound like a dick but you are no longer needed.

DITO!!!!!!!! ROFL. $h!t gets old fast.

Gtfo. I'm sorry you asked a question on a site that tries to tell everyone how to do sh!t right. If you were gonna do some bama shit any way why would you even ask? and then complain when people tell you the right way to do it. I hope you don't do your engine the same way you do your lights...

...aiming the lights down won't do jack shit.

Actually, it does quite a bit. That and keeping the headlights clean and clear.

Prior to HIDs --- Never flashed.
HIDs unaimed -- Flashed 3 time in 15 min.
HIDs aimed -- Haven't been flashed yet. They've been on the car for almost a year.

Obviously, aiming them lower did something.

I run a 35w 4500K kit. Almost pure white. No visibility problems in the rain, snow, or fog.

I used to be someone who preached against running HIDs in stock housings, until I hit a deer on a dark rural highway. And for those interested, I had 2 month old Sylvania XtraVisions, not some cheap or worn out old bulbs. I ordered HIDs a few weeks later with the intent to "just give them a shot." It took about an hour of messing with the alignment with some friends in their cars in a parking lot, checking, adjusting, checking, adjusting, until we got them adjusted to a point where they weren't anymore of a nuisance than the headlights a passing SUV to a small car. And if you're in anything higher than a small car, they aren't a problem in the slightest.

Just my personal experience with them.

i give up. i forgot I'm the bad guy. Hahahaha =) later guys, i said THIS POST IS DEAD, so let it die? I already ordered them and doing them the way i never asked anyone about. i already knew about needed projectors. But that wasn't my question.

but if you know Pittsburgh, literally EVERYONE has them. I can't stress enough the amount of people who have them without housings that support them. So i don't want everyone thinking I'm such a terrible person. Because i'm not.

How does it make you any better just because everyone else does it?

i give up. i forgot I'm the bad guy. Hahahaha =) later guys, i said THIS POST IS DEAD, so let it die? I already ordered them and doing them the way i never asked anyone about. i already knew about needed projectors. But that wasn't my question.

That's not the point. Somebody was trying to help you, whether you already knew the information or not, and you treated them like a jerk.
But whatever, just end this thread.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back