The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Hid

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bomper04

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 21, 2008
Berkeley, California
So I understand that HID plug and play units are illegal but I bought some anyways for offroad use...:thumb: so when I finished and tried it, only one would work while the other one wouldn't. So I thought it was the bulb and ballast so I switched it from that side to the other and it wasn't the bulb or the ballast because it was lighting up just fine. So what's the deal? why can't I get them both to work?

one more thing to add, the OEM headlight works but the HID doesn't..weird. please help!

Contact sharphid.com as they're giving away free slim ballasts with their economy kits right now.

I'm having a similar problem with my HIDs. I had the HIDs working fine. Then I did the 97 headlight swap and I re-soldered the wiring inside. Put the HIDs back in and nothing. I tried two different kits and one was from SharpHID.com. Put the halogen bulbs back in and work perfectly fine. Tried all kinds of combos and I've done other plug and play kits with no problems. Anyone have an idea?

I'm having a similar problem with my HIDs. I had the HIDs working fine. Then I did the 97 headlight swap and I re-soldered the wiring inside. Put the HIDs back in and nothing. I tried two different kits and one was from SharpHID.com. Put the halogen bulbs back in and work perfectly fine. Tried all kinds of combos and I've done other plug and play kits with no problems. Anyone have an idea?

The only possibility is that the ballasts arent getting power. Are they wired to the battery properly? Of so, can you hear them "hum" when you turn the lights on? If so, the lights should come on.

hids will blink or not come on if the voltage is NOT between 12.7-13.2. Try revving your motor to 2K rpms and turn the headlights on and see if they blink or come on at all. If they blink, try reversing the polarity. If that doesnt work, I'd contact the company you bought them from. I have plug and plays that my wife bought me for $55 off ebay and they work flawlessly as long as the voltage is correct in the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back