The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Cylinder head build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allmine104

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 7, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
So the time has come in my build that I have to make some decisions on what componits I need. So far my shortblock consists of the usual 6 bolt... 2g pistons arp rod bolts virgin crank sourced for Ams performance;)...I will be running a td06sl2turbine in a 7cm turbine housing and 20g wheel in a 3" compressor cover..fuel management will be a keydiver stage 3 chip 7800 rpm redline set up for Fic 750's and Maft 255walbro and said 750's. Now I'd like some recomendations from you guys on cam choices and valve springs I was looking at 264 deltas and bc1100 lemmie know yalls thoughts
Thanks

Get some quality cams like kelfords 272/272 and as for the springs get kiggyly street springs and if you going to run that 255 fuel pump you need a adjustable fuel pressure regulator that 255 will over run your stock fuel pressure regulator.

Good lookin out on the fpr aem already mounted;) I was lookin for a more drop in spring that I can use with factory retainers...and as far as cams was wanting alil milder...

You can go with the hks 264/264 I'm runing the real hks 264/272 they're great on the kiggyly you can used the stock seat. I mean if you spending the money on cams mind as well get some good springs and retainers.

Hks 264's are really what I want anybody know where a used set are? Or heard comp 101100's are good

Now I'm lookin real hard at the comp 101200

Well I settled on Manley 22125-16 valve springs and am lookin for some fp2's or comp 101200(I think there the same cams

The BC1100 springs work great with the stock retainers, The manleys will be fine also.

Either spring will work just fine on the milder 272 cams, BC, HKS, Comp

I called Manley and they couldn't tell me if they were compatible with stock retainers...have y'all confirmed this? Just wanna be sure... are the 22125-16 a drop in spring or should I get the installed height and seat pressure checked?
Thanks guys;)

Its always better to know than guess, so yes check installed height and seat pressure.

I have installed Manleys with the stock retainers, I do not recall what part number tho.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back