The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

custom valve cover graphic/paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonypanda

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
murphysboro, Illinois
does anyone on here have custom painted valve covers or graphics painted on them i know the honda guys do it with b series engines and was wondering if any dsm guys do it if so post pics of your stuff

There is a guy on here who has splatter painted his VC that looks pretty good. Then another who had a marble lookin paint then tiger striped it. I seen a few with rain drop looks to them. Hopefully hey will chime in before too long it hard to post links on my iPod LOL

I believe it is bnasty that has the splatter painted valve cover

I thought about getting one of my spare valve covers painted with a rising sun like this - might be kinda cool....if I do it, I'll post it up.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Painting a valve cover that sees abuse might not be a good idea. Powdercoating is definitely the way to go (even though that can chip and scratch...the valve cover in my avatar pic has a nice dime sized chip in it from when a wrench slipped out of my hands....:sosad:

I have mine done in rising sun :D and I have a spare I painted a large domo on.

A buddy of mines did the rising sun on his Vtak engine ROFL

Attachments

• beaners2.jpg
    beaners2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 440
I think just a solid color that contrasts the body is a good accent, It pulls your attention right to it instead of blending in. I seen a really cool chamilion paint that was pretty neat and think I may paint a spare VC just to see how it turns out.

Here is a pic of mine nothin fancey just candy blue powder coat I love it! but the red wrinkle looks sick!!!

does anyone on here have custom painted valve covers or graphics painted on them i know the honda guys do it with b series engines and was wondering if any dsm guys do it if so post pics of your stuff

So far the best paint I saw in valve cover is the 3 stars and a sun in the middle.

My Valve cover is shaved and powder coated candy purple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back