The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Valve cover paint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I use high heat engine enamel. I forget the brand, but it's available at any auto parts store.

Edit: The stuff I use is made by VHT.

Why don't you just powder coat it?? it will last alot longer than just spray can paint. Cus even if you prep the valve cover before spray painting it; eventually it will start to either flake off or start to bubble in some areas.

Honestly, you can use just about any paint you want. On my buddy's N/T we used some cheap $1.50 paint at the 99 cent store and its still holding up, 4 months later. It just depends on what you want.

Like any other paint job, the prep is as much, if not more, important than the paint. I cleaned, stripped, cleaned, sanded, cleaned, baked, cleaned, degreased, primered, baked, painted, then baked my valve cover before ever installing it. The paint's been holding up fine for the last 9 months.

The 2 times prior to that that I painted it, I didn't do a very good job prepping it, and the paint flaked right off.

Though I'd suggest powdercoating it. It's much more durable.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back