The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

custom engraving

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EC17PSE

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
So i did a little search and only found a few threads that showed a valve cover engraved but no info so i want some info if anyone can help.

Im wanting to get my valve cover engraved at the front side facing the rad but it looks shallow and double wall aly so how deep can i go with it? 2mm deep maybe, also is this a stres point and will it promote cracking in the future at all??

All im waiting on for the overhaul is this to be done so any info you all have would be great, i just need info to tell the cnc machinest so he programs it in corectly for depth

Is it already painted? Powdercoated? If it is and its a high contrast color to silver then you'd only really need to scratch it in. I have never engraved or seen engraving on a valve cover... but, on a pistol/rifle is not deep at all, most engraving looks no more than 1-1.5mm.

And the valve covers are VERY brittle, I have cracked one just hand tightening the bolts

Is it already painted? Powdercoated? If it is and its a high contrast color to silver then you'd only really need to scratch it in. I have never engraved or seen engraving on a valve cover... but, on a pistol/rifle is not deep at all, most engraving looks no more than 1-1.5mm.

And the valve covers are VERY brittle, I have cracked one just hand tightening the bolts

No its being polished up ready for paint but the engraving comes first,

Have you called jayracing?

No why what can they offer? Do they do this sort of stuff?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back