The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Custom Taillights, Custom headlights, & more

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMhelex

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 8, 2003
Du Bois, Pennsylvania
hi
i was just wondering what everyone thought of my new mods i did on my talon in the past month while its been in the garage.... i backed it out of the garage 20mins ago to snap a few pics

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

overview of my car w/ the custom headlights... its snowing too :p

indiglo gauges and carbon fiber bezel

ok sorry, try this.

take the headlight covers off. Leaves those in the 90's and to the puerto ricans(sorry if offended)

Every thing looks good man. But I do have to agree that the headlight covers looks kind of off. I like what I did with mine, it gives it that aggressive look, plus you get to loose the amber lens. Cost. $3 for paint.

7582headlight_mod.jpg

I like em' myself. My only suggestion would be to slap some black polished rims on there to compliment then.
Otherwise:thumb:

the tail lights are blacked out, except for circles that i put in there so i wouldnt be pulled over, as well as for them to match my headlights

ive actually thought about white rims, or chrome. what do you think about white? think that would look good?

Originally posted by Jaypwshs
take the headlight covers off. Leaves those in the 90's and to the puerto ricans(sorry if offended)

That was uncalled for...:mad:

Originally posted by ENEVEL RACER
Every thing looks good man. But I do have to agree that the headlight covers looks kind of off. I like what I did with mine, it gives it that aggressive look, plus you get to loose the amber lens. Cost. $3 for paint.

7582headlight_mod.jpg

could you explain exactly what you did

all you have to do is take the headlights off the car, there are 4 bolts holding them on
heat up the seal, either a heat gun, blow dryer, or i think someone also mentioned putting them in the oven for like 5 mins? dont remember the exact details on that...

getting the lens off is the hard part... after you have the lens off
just take the headlight assembly appart. then primer and paint the chrome whatever color you want... and if you want to remove the amber turn signals, now is the time for that aswell...

and you just do everything in reverse when putting them back together, and you can strip out the old silicon, and replace it.... or i think if you use the oven you can reuse the silicon to seal it...

you can see mine in my sig

edit: the guy with the "angel eyes" in the Most unique mod thread, explains how to use the oven to heat the headlights, so that you can remove the lenses

u didn't seal up back up right thats why, open em up again and clean them and them seal em up the right way add more silicone if u need

i just painted mine and it is very sexy. I will get pics asap

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back