The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Couple 1g's running in the 1/8 (Stock block 16g & built motor 50 trim)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MY1GDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2007
On the beach, Washington
I had a couple local guys with 92 1g Awd's running at a 1/8 mile track locally here not too long ago that I do the tuning for... .

This wasn't a very serious day we were mainly just having some fun hot lapping the cars most the day getting in quite a few runs... .
Most the cars there were mid to high 5 sec cars for an event later that day. So spent most the day with just the 1g's running each other.

Basic setup of the car on the right is a built 9:1 comp motor with 264/272 delta cams running SD with Ecmlink on e85 and 25psi with a JB PTE 50 trim

Car on the left is a Stock block with just head-studs 16g Running Sd with a H8 ECU E85 powered on 30psi with just a set of deltas as well was told they are "DKS" 272's not sure though on that. IMHO seem to be a milder cam.

Car on the left was having issues on the 1-2 shift and not getting much better ET then in the pic of the Slip here But consistent all day.

The car on the right has some pretty good potetal but was limited by the Owner/driver's driving (Best ET here)... .

Neither car was using NLTS for any of the runs.

I'll have to get the pics for the other time slips as this is the only one I have on hand at the moment. ( have some decent video I think too )

But, IIRC the best MPH from the right car was 99 after a bit of tweaking with the tune.

And the car on the left (was working on it a bit more) ended up being 103! know for a fact it did do 97mph though. I'll post up more slips ASAP (though at one point a one of the track guys started giving us some grief about tech and ended up with out a few slips -_- and there's no time board there)

Either way plan to get both cars down to Woodburn or PIR this spring to do some 1/4 mile runs when the wether is a bit more forgiving

Attachments

• 8thmile.jpg
    8thmile.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Couple Vids didn't get some of the runs later in the Day and have to get a few other time slips still

But something to look at :) ( they are from my phone, But you can switch the Vids to HD )

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/QG_J97zCelg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/-rULPumCUPc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back