The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1/8 mile testing on the STOCK BLOCK project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OstarMotorsport

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 15, 2010
orlando, Florida
Well guys we took the car out yesterday trying to finally get it right for the 1/4 mile. We made several passes and this is what we were able to squeeze after some fine tuning of the boost and suspension:

6.51@119 > best mile an hour to date on the 1/8
6.49@118 > best time in the 1/8 to date

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

We will be out tonight trying to get down into the 9's at the local 1/4 mile track Orlando Speeworld

Congrats! The MPH is good for low 6s. Shouldn't have problems hitting 9s. How light is your car? Are you still running DSM HTA88?

Congrats! The MPH is good for low 6s. Shouldn't have problems hitting 9s. How light is your car? Are you still running DSM HTA88?

Yeah still on the FP Dsm88hta. Car is still the same weight as it was in Ohio which is about 2850-2900

gad dang!!

Nice work, what's the setup now?

Same setup just more boost and better 60's

By the way I hit the track last night but looks like the stock ignition with the spark tech cop has hit its limit. If I hit the rev limiter from 2nd to 3rd the car will break up for about 2 seconds and then clean up but that takes away tons from the ET. I had to shift the car at 8100rpm and not power shift for it not to have the misfire. Running that way I was able to get this pass :

60' 1.60
1/8 6.6 @ 114.8
1/4 10.23 @ 140

Damn. Would love to see this car get a full clean pass in!

Side note: What was the sixty on the pass in your pic? I believe I see a little light under that passenger front tire!

Yeah still on the FP Dsm88hta. Car is still the same weight as it was in Ohio which is about 2850-2900

Same setup just more boost and better 60's

By the way I hit the track last night but looks like the stock ignition with the spark tech cop has hit its limit. If I hit the rev limiter from 2nd to 3rd the car will break up for about 2 seconds and then clean up but that takes away tons from the ET. I had to shift the car at 8100rpm and not power shift for it not to have the misfire. Running that way I was able to get this pass :

60' 1.60
1/8 6.6 @ 114.8
1/4 10.23 @ 140

I had the same problem with my cop setup. I got aem twin fire and never had it break up again. Congrats on the times guys that's moving. I got around the same mile an hour as you all in the 1/8 last time i went out just couldn't come out of the hole hard enough for the times. Keep up the good work :hellyeah:

stock shortblock record is still 9.98, looks like you might topple that in the near future.

That is some serious 1/8 mph! Very excited to see those numbers translate well into the 1/4

If you have a larger pic of your avatar I would like to see it by the way :p

Holy jebus I was just in lakeland last month LOL I wish I would of stopped over in Orlando and paid you a visit

Congrats that is haulin! I was curious if you had ignition problems with the complete stock ignition? I never had issues with stock ignition and BR8ES plugs gapped @ .019 making 800+ awhp. I ask because I decided to do COP on this setup and it seems people have a lot of issues which I never had before.

Jason

That is some serious 1/8 mph! Very excited to see those numbers translate well into the 1/4

If you have a larger pic of your avatar I would like to see it by the way :p

I am to!!! :D Once I get the ignition problem sorted out this week then I will go back to the track and try once again to dip into the 9's. here is the pic:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Holy jebus I was just in lakeland last month LOL I wish I would of stopped over in Orlando and paid you a visit

Stop by anytime !

Congrats that is haulin! I was curious if you had ignition problems with the complete stock ignition? I never had issues with stock ignition and BR8ES plugs gapped @ .019 making 800+ awhp. I ask because I decided to do COP on this setup and it seems people have a lot of issues which I never had before.

Jason

on e98?

Car looks mean! And that's moving! I hope to be right there with you someday, although I may have cheated since my short blocks 1g/2g combo :p

Do you have travel limiters in the front? If not it might help quite a bit with how much its squatting and keep the nose planted so it stays hooked up better. Just a thought....

Do you have travel limiters in the front? If not it might help quite a bit with how much its squatting and keep the nose planted so it stays hooked up better. Just a thought....

The car has bc racing coilovers

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back