The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Coolant Temp Sensor reads almost double?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob88

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 1, 2007
Portland, Oregon
I have searched both Google and the site and can't seem to find an answer. My car was down for a while because I threw a rod out the side. I put it all back together and now the coolant temp sensor for the ECU seems to read almost double what it should. Both my gauge and my fans agree with each other and seem to read normal. Just the ECU sensor will peg at 316* right around the time the gauge reads in the middle. Not really sure what is going on and was hoping for a little help. :pray:

I tried a new sensor as well. Still the same result. Could it be a ground? Ill probably check the ecu for burn marks later today.

What are you logging with, sure something is not up there?

DSMLink V3 logging to a laptop. I am sure the reading is correct. This has only gotten 2 views. LOL.

I attached a log. It is fluctuating a lot. At idle it stays pretty consistently high. Any ideas?

Attachments

• log.2013.04.15-01.elg
    18 KB · Views: 39
Sensor is not grounded and the reading will default to the highest value the sensor is feeding back to the e.c.u or your water pump is about to fail and the water is not circulating which will cause erroneous readings. If the reading is staying at one constant value while the engine is warming up and you have tried installing a new temp sensor then suspect the ground wire is not making contact to a good ground or break/open in wire going to ground. Don't forget to check the electrical connector for signs of corrosion or a bent connector pin not making contact.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back