1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Coolant Sensor Part# and Source

Posted by Chuckster, Jun 15, 2007

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Chuckster

Chuckster Proven Member

Joined Jul 1, 2002
    Branchburg, New Jersey
    In the process of losing my water pump, the gasket surrounding my coolant float sensor in the reservoir fried. I'd be happy to buy the float valve and even a new reservoir just to get a new rubber gasket. My only question is where can I buy this without having to go there in person?

I'm lazy. The closest NJ dealership I've purchased parts from required me to be there in person to run my card for purchasing...and then, I had to go back to pick the part up. I don't want to support their operation any more.

Can anyone give me a source for such an obscure part that won't require me to rack up driving miles?

TIA

2. lookin4dsm

lookin4dsm Proven Member

Joined May 30, 2005
    Oswego, Illinois
    Call Rockville Mitsubishi (1-800-962-9974) and see if it is still available or discontinued. On Rockville's site, the below items are showing up as special order items.

According to CAPS, the part number for the switch/float is MB605134. Make sure it comes with the gasket. If not, the part number for the entire tank assembly is MB660286. There is no separate number in CAPS for just the gasket. Prices with the DSM discount are $12.37 for the switch or $44.44 for the tank assembly. If they can get what you need, just have them ship it to you.

JNZ Tuning is another option, if the parts are not discontinued. Their prices should be comparable to Rockville.

If discontinued, try a nearby junkyard or Mitsubishi Graveyard.

Mike

3. Defiant

Defiant DSM Wiseman

Joined Jan 13, 2003
    glorious Galt, California
    I applaud you for not treating them to a special Molotov thank-you. What a bunch of horseshit. A real dealership will not only take your order by phone, but will also ship to you.

As for the tank and float, that also may be a part that's used on many models of not only Mitsubishis, but Hyundai and others. I don't know if it's from the American side of the car, but if it is, it may also be used in Chryslers.

3K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  4. Chuckster

Chuckster Proven Member

Joined Jul 1, 2002
    Branchburg, New Jersey
    Even funnier is I called my local Chysler Dealership to repair my A/C. The girl that took my call in the repair department said, "We don't work on Mitsubishi."

My wife broke down and had her car towed to Honda. She asked the service desk if they could give her a ride home. We live ~4 miles away. He said, "we don't do that" and started helping the next person. She called me in tears asking for a local cab number. He could have at least offered to call a taxi for her.

I have a number of dealerships where we'll never buy a car now.

Hey Defiant, since you're reading this post, can you do me a favor and + Lookin4DSM's Reputation Points? Thanks guys!

5. RNR_MOTORS

RNR_MOTORS Probationary Member

Joined Feb 9, 2009
    novi, Michigan
    you should have called corporate on both those situations dude you would have made out good....

on thats note thanxs for this thread it helped me out