The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

clutch problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pur97tsifwd

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 31, 2006
Nevada, Missouri
Ok i took my tranny out today and my fidanza 2.1 clutch which is a year old the disk spring came out and was stuck in the pressure plate. the pressure plate is still good and i have a slowboy disk that is in good shape will this work with my fidanza pressure plate?

Also what causes the spring to fall out?

Attachments

• DCFC0189.jpg
    DCFC0189.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 115
  • DCFC0190.jpg
    DCFC0190.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 109
  • DCFC0191.jpg
    DCFC0191.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 104
I would think that the disc will work, after all it is the same size correct? As for the springs I've heard of it happening, quite often on the "Fidanza Clutch Thread". They seem to be very very good about taking care of people to whom this happens, I'd give them a call and ask them what's up.

On a sidenote, how did you like the clutch while it worked? I almost bought one a couple months ago.

The clutch worked good till the spring fell out it was holding my power level but i have not turned up the boost yet.

Definately call Fidanza... Just curious, how many miles have you got on it so far? I have the same 2.1 with only 450 miles on it so far, but my car is pretty much stock. What happened when the spring fell out?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back