The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G clutch master to slave line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawkesTSI96

Proven Member
Aug 4, 2014
Tooele, Utah
Im Looking to purchase a new Stainless Steel braided hydraulic Line from the clutch master cylinder to slave cylinder.
Im planning on having a local hose company make my line. I just wanted to know the length needed. and the two fitting specs ill need. CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS INFO. like run down of everything.? thanks in advance!

Can I ask why you want the whole line replaced? The stock line is a hard metal line that is bent to fit in your engine bay. I don't see how just replacing the lower line and removing the reservoir is not essentially the same thing.

Unless you're cleaning up your engine bay and trying to hide the line somewhere...?

i replaced the whole line to get rid of the dampener. i actual replaced the line @54" of stainless steel braided line with one 90degree fitting and one straight. for anyone else doing this i would suggest at least 60" of line. mine has no slack at all and is very tight.. some eBay vendors sale this same line @ 54" and thats what i figured id need. definitely not. go with 60" at least should be good.

you just use an adapter fitting to the hardline??

Just buy a regular SS clutch line and it screws onto the hard line, eliminating the dampener, and goes straight to the slave cylinder.

A flimsy rubber line with some SS loom around it works just fine of course, but why replace a hard metal line that is already formed to your engine bay with that? Unless yours was damaged, I don't see how or why a full SS line is beneficial over whats already there.

Just buy a regular SS clutch line and it screws onto the hard line, eliminating the dampener, and goes straight to the slave cylinder.

A flimsy rubber line with some SS loom around it works just fine of course, but why replace a hard metal line that is already formed to your engine bay with that? Unless yours was damaged, I don't see how or why a full SS line is beneficial over whats already there.
I can see what your saying.. I would have done that but i think the line from the master was a little bent right at the dampener.. I think i would have been okay doing it anyways and should have thought of that.. too late now tho.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back