The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Clutch issues, please helpppp!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20g 95 GS-T

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2011
Lynch Station, Virginia
Alright here the deal, yesterday my car was drivin fine and it has been well today I was drivin it and I thought the clutch was feeling softer then usuall but I just figured it was Nothin and then a lil later the gears kept gettin harder and harder to shift in and soon o could barely shift in to gear at all it. would just grind and the pedal got to where if I pressed it it would stay on the floor. So then I made it home amd went to drive it again I put it in reverese and it just started movin without any gas and I couldnt get it to go out of reverese. So then i tried startin it with out pressing the clutch and I can start it no problem, so I believe the clutch isn't disengaging?

I'm not sure what wrong this just happened out of no where! And sorry for the long post just tryin to he detailed and I drive a 95 gst by the way

Sounds like your slave or master cylinder may have failed, or, your clutch line has begun to leak. ;) That would be the first estimation. There are many other reasons, all of them worse. So let's start with this one and have you go check for leakages/wetness on your slave or master cylinder.

Don't report back until you check these things. The best way? Add a little brake fluid to your reservoir, pump up the clutch (or have a buddy do it) and check the slave and master cylinders for fluid dripping/running/leaking in general.

I
Sounds like your slave or master cylinder may have failed, or, your clutch line has begun to leak. ;) That would be the first estimation. There are many other reasons, all of them worse. So let's start with this one and have you go check for leakages/wetness on your slave or master cylinder.

Don't report back until you check these things. The best way? Add a little brake fluid to your reservoir, pump up the clutch (or have a buddy do it) and check the slave and master cylinders for fluid dripping/running/leaking in general.

Well thanks guy, I checked my reservoir and it was empty so then I checked under my clutch pedal for fluid and theres a nice wet spot just under the clutch pedal so I'm asumming its my master cylinde:\ and I figured might as well change my slave cylinder as well

It's good to change both at the same time. Even though you have a little leak it should still be drivable. My buddy had a leak for 3 months with no problem until we changed it.
If your fluid level did sink to low. make sure you bleed the system.
The reason why you were grinding or hard to get into gear was because you didn't have enough pressure to push the slave. Although your slave might still be useful!

I

Well thanks guy, I checked my reservoir and it was empty so then I checked under my clutch pedal for fluid and theres a nice wet spot just under the clutch pedal so I'm asumming its my master cylinde:\ and I figured might as well change my slave cylinder as well

Good find. Time to make the change.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back