The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Check out my rear sway bar conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidaham

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 21, 2008
Frierson, Louisiana
Ok so i ordered a used rear sway bar set from miller imports parts. Just thought i would up load some photo's in case some one wonted to do the swap also

first pic. my rear sway bar setup came already assembled so i installed it still assembled.
only change i made was i did not reuse the old bushings instead i ordered some Prothane Rear Sway Bar Bushings.

second pic. just a closer pic

third pic. a side view of the lower control arm the red circle is the inner bolt you will have to remove

forth pic. the bottom two squares are the only two bolts that hold the rear control arm on.

the upper two squares are preexisting threaded bolt holes. these bolts hole's will hold the Sway Bar Bushing and bracket in place see pic 6

fifth pic. remove the two bolts and tap the control arm and they will fall right out. now just insert your new control and reverse the previous step very easy.

sixth pic Rear Sway Bar Bushing and bracket. no modification needed here the bracket bolt's right up.

seventh pic a finished view. the pic is kinda blurry. droids dont take such good photo's after you drop them a few times.LOL

eighth pic this is all you should have left after you install the rear sway bar conversion kit. as you can see one of my stock control arms was bent and i never new. you will have to excuse the two little feet my son loves to working on my car as much as i do.LOL

final pic just a little upgrade i did while my car was down :D

the hole conversion took about a hour and a half not bad

SPECIAL THANKS TO MILLER IMPORT PARTS WITH OUT THEM THIS WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN POSSIBLE WWW.MILLERIMPORTPARTS.COM

Attachments

• IMAG0140.jpg
    IMAG0140.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 314
  • IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 324
  • IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 314
  • IMAG0143.jpg
    IMAG0143.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 310
  • IMAG0144.jpg
    IMAG0144.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 314
  • IMAG0149.jpg
    IMAG0149.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 303
  • IMAG0147.jpg
    IMAG0147.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 313
  • IMAG0146.jpg
    IMAG0146.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 314
  • IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 318
why are both of the lower controll arms bent so bad.

Okay, having owned a 2g DSM for over 12 years I honestly can't tell you if i even have a factory rear sway LOL is this something taken from another car and put on a 2g FWD? If so where do they come from (model and year of car)

very clean looking install as well

why are both of the lower controll arms bent so bad.

No just one of them thank god

Looks like it was used as a tow point or securing point. Definitely would have caused some serious toe issues!

could have been it's no telling it was a young girls car before it was mine she was rough on thats for sure.

You actually spent the $$ on pulstar plugs?!?! I'm amazed.
So... you gonna dyno before/after? ;)

Have you noticed a difference in driving?

well i have been running pulstar for over a year. but they just came out with the platinum series so i thought i would give them a try. and i would love to dyno it but i am not sure where i would even go to get it done around here! and to answer question yes a big difference at high speed cornering. BUT i did find it a lot easier to over steer at first before i got used to the handling. so be careful!!

Okay, having owned a 2g DSM for over 12 years I honestly can't tell you if i even have a factory rear sway LOL is this something taken from another car and put on a 2g FWD? If so where do they come from (model and year of car)

very clean looking install as well

Thanks i am happy with how they turned out also.

and i am not sure what year car they came off of. i contacted Steven at miller imports and ordered a kit. so not sure of the year. but the kit did come off a gst or gsx

I think he's grabbed a sway bar from a turbo DSM and put it on his N/A that didn't get one from the factory.

CORRECT!!! THANKS PIEEYEDPIPER FOR CLEARING THAT UP

i think the controll arms are that of a turbo model as well seems how he had to replace both of them when only 1 was bent. nice thow its an upgrade.

i think the controll arms are that of a turbo model as well seems how he had to replace both of them when only 1 was bent. nice thow its an upgrade.

yes as answered above. they are of a turbo model

and this is a upgrade look at the photo below The old arm looks awfully flimsy compared to the new one. Notice the turbo one has be boxed in with some extra metal. This has got to give it greater rigidity in twisting. the sway bar will not hook up to your stock control arm

Attachments

• sway5.jpg
    sway5.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 286
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back