1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Central/Upstate NY DSM's

Posted by spidy3, Nov 27, 2005

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. spidy3

spidy3 Proven Member

Joined Jan 20, 2005
    upstate, New York
    just seeing if there were any DSMers in or around central or upstate NY that would like to do a get together. I know its cold out now but since alot of modding is done over the winter I thought a get together would help people see other dsms and give them ideas of stuff to do next.
    Also I heard there are a bunch of DSM's up in the Rochester area. Any of you on dsmtuners???

:talon: Dom

2. Red 4G63

Red 4G63 Proven Member

Joined Jan 29, 2006
    Rochester, New York
    I'm from Rochester and I joined to get some info about events going down in ROC. I just got my 97 GS-T last year and didn't have money to do much to it until now. I'de like to get to know some people and have somewhere to go and chill. I'm a DSM'er for life. Let me know of any places for this summer or if anyone wants to get together to set things up for this summer. Thanks,
    Jerrod

Street Build 434  18

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    13.0 @ 100 · 2G DSM
  3. BOOSTJUNKIEGSX

BOOSTJUNKIEGSX Proven Member

Joined Jan 12, 2006
    HILLSBOROUGH, New Jersey
    Somerset county here... It seems that there arent that many meets with the DSM`s and i just got my car back on the road from being totaled, wanting to get back in the action. :thumb: . If there are any meets im always down for a nice joy ride..

142  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  4. Xit40

Xit40 Proven Member

Joined Nov 23, 2004
    Weedsport, New York
    Syracuse area here. There are a lot of guys in Rochester and Ithaca. Check out rochesterddsm.org and the Ithaca guys have a message board on Yahoo. It doesn't get used much but they have one. Hopefully but late spring/early summer time I'll have my built 6-bolt in my GSX, but now that I have my sportbike who knows. Either way I'm always down for meeting up with peeps and checking there stuff out.

714  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.434 @ 106.010 · 2G DSM
  5. MindBlowin03

MindBlowin03 Proven Member

Joined Apr 11, 2002
    Peckville, Pennsylvania
    Im not sure how far you guys are from NEPA, but we have a club down this way. We are about 35-40 minutes south of Binghampton. If you'd like check out our website at www.nepaDSM.com.

2K  5

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

3K  9

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    565 whp · 524 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  6. Red 4G63

Red 4G63 Proven Member

Joined Jan 29, 2006
    Rochester, New York
    If anyone wants to come up with a time and a place we could all get together, that would be great. I was thinking sometime in probly April would be good. I hope the weather is good by then. We'll see. A central location to everyone's hometown would probly be best. Keep in touch everyone and let's actually do this. :)

Street Build 434  18

13.0 @ 100 · 2G DSM
  7. 93talontsiat

93talontsiat Probationary Member

Joined Feb 11, 2006
    Syracuse, New York
    Syracuse area too...Sounds good, havnt really met anyone around with modified dsm's.

8. Red 4G63

Red 4G63 Proven Member

Joined Jan 29, 2006
    Rochester, New York
    Just wanted to give a quick update... No more car. She's gone. I'm checking with my Insurance company to see if she's totalled but I think it is. It was a salvage anyways. I pissed. Quick summary of events goes something like this.
    Guy in Frontier screwin around.
    Slams on breaks to mess with me after cutting me off.
    Attempts to make a left hand turn for about 1\4 mile with directional.
    Slams on breaks a few more times.
    No attempt to turn left and parks his truck in front of my car in the intersection. ( I know this because he never put the truck in park after I slammed into him.)
    Wouldn't answer me if he was ok. (Guilt)
    Then proceeds to get out of the car and yell at me like I'm his son. Yada yada yada....
    I didn't even get a ticket because the trooper knew he was wrong by not taking any oportunity to make his turn with no on comming traffic. No whitnesses... go figure.
    My cars toasted and he got a bent bumper.... :( Poor him.... My baby is gone!
    Last thing to do is a proper barrial... strip it!
    Thanks for all the help on here.........

Street Build 434  18

13.0 @ 100 · 2G DSM
  9. Sinner

Sinner Proven Member

Joined Oct 29, 2002
    Syracuse, New York
    I am from the Syracuse area also. I would be down for a meet but both my Talons are in storage for the winter.

10. DSM_Dough

DSM_Dough Probationary Member

Joined Mar 16, 2006
    Troy, New York
    hey theres a whole bunch of guys up near rochestor on albany dsm forums...i go to RPI which is right next to albany and theres a whole lot of guys in the upstate NY area, check it out theres a buncha cool guys in the area...the website was down for a while so were workin on getting people back into the boards, check it out if your anywhere near the albany area at all

-Dough

11. Vandal

Vandal Proven Member

Joined Apr 21, 2005
    Monticello & Albany, New York
  12. 3134

3134 Proven Member

Joined Mar 7, 2004
    Bronx, New York
    i go to school in sh**hole geneseo. it's 30 mins south of rochester

13. sfranklin98gs

sfranklin98gs Probationary Member

Joined Mar 25, 2006
    mattydale, New York
    hi i just joined and i am also from syracuse...... it would be great to see what other people have...peace out

14. 1990telawd

1990telawd Proven Member

Joined Nov 10, 2005
    Candor, New York
    ithaca area when im home and utica when im in school 3 tsi awds :) and growing , iwish i had people to help work with me so i can learn faster. These dsms keep me buys in my garage.

15. A9DTSI

A9DTSI Probationary Member

Joined Aug 22, 2005
    Cny, New York
    im from utica too, someone should definatly set up a cny meet.

16. madoc05

madoc05 Proven Member

Joined May 1, 2005
    Canandaigua, New York
    I'm from Canandaigua 30 min. south of rochester If you post this on RochesterDSM.org you will get alot of interest, So set up a Time and place.

17. MadTripper

MadTripper Proven Member

Joined Oct 24, 2004
    Springville, Pennsylvania
    From NEPa myself. About 30 minutes south of Binghamton. Not sure if anyone is planning on meeting up but if so, drop me a note.

Tripper

18. sk8er7point3

sk8er7point3 Probationary Member

Joined Nov 9, 2005
    Owego, New York
    I'm in the Southern Tier near Binghamton. I'm always up for a drive to meet up with car people.

19. Red 4G63

Red 4G63 Proven Member

Joined Jan 29, 2006
    Rochester, New York
    Update:

Got another GS-T... Finally!! Couple pics in my gallery to check out. Trying to update my profile for accuracy on tech stuff.

Car in being stored for winter/work. I've got bigger plans for this car... no longer my daily driver like the last one. We can have some fun with it now. Just want to keep the credit card below $10k (haha).

Keep me posted on events this upcoming summer. (I know it's a long ways a way)

Street Build 434  18

13.0 @ 100 · 2G DSM
  20. FMFGSX

FMFGSX Proven Member

Joined Jan 20, 2006
    2143, New Jersey
    Just moved up to Saratoga Springs from Jacksonville ,NC. My DSM is currently down. Just picked the motor up from having a rebuild and waiting on some more parts before I throw it back in.
    Anyone else in the area?

21. tattoochuck

tattoochuck Probationary Member

Joined Nov 12, 2008
    homosassa, Florida
    im in pa 2hrs from cornning but ill meet

172  0

1994 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    · 1G DSM
  22. B0oSteD95gsx

B0oSteD95gsx Probationary Member

Joined Sep 12, 2008
    verona, New York
    also from utica rome area but unfortunately no car putting some more goodies in her, also if ne1 needs a good mechanic i found this guy in rome and hes really cheap..and we def gotta set a meet up after the thaw..:thumb:

222  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  23. ateeb786

ateeb786 Probationary Member

Joined May 5, 2008
    Syracuse, New York
    Syracuse area here, anyone knows a good dsm garage or a mechanic please let me know. I haven't found one yet in this area.

24. silkyjohnson

silkyjohnson Probationary Member

Joined Feb 18, 2007
    El paso, Texas
    What kind of work do you want done cause i can do most of the work i just dont have the machines to bore or major engine rebuilds. I live in watertown it is like 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on how fast you drive.

142  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 2G DSM
  25. slo-rst-laser

slo-rst-laser Proven Member

Joined Nov 15, 2008
    Campbell, New York
    I live in corning, but my car is trannyless should be done in two weeks....