1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Catless Downpipe

Posted by James_dsm, Jul 6, 2020

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. James_dsm

James_dsm Probationary Member

Joined Jun 25, 2020
    Littlerock, California
    What is the best catless downpipe to get? I have a 97 Gst eclipse. I’ve been looking at Megan Racing and M2, but would like 2nd opinions!

124  2

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
  2. 90'AWDTalonFroggy

90'AWDTalonFroggy Supporting Member

Joined Feb 1, 2014
    Curryville, Missouri
    I think best is subjective to personal liking and taste. I have the apexi downpipe. I love it. I am thinking about getting a new one and making rest of the exhaust aluminium.

Street Build 222  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

993  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  3. 1995TalonMT

1995TalonMT Probationary Member

Joined May 20, 2020
    Walls, Mississippi
    I have Megan Racing Headers and downpipe but this is for a Non-Turbo 420A but I am happy with the quality. I left the Cat in place due to personal preference as well as I did not like the sound without it. Look at my profile pictures to see a picture of the Headers and Downpipe if you are interested in Megan Racing.

Street Build 390  25

1995 Eagle Talon N/T
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
  4. my98gsx

my98gsx Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 14, 2005
    Wappingers, New York
    The problem with the apexi downpipe is that its only 2.5" until the flex joint... I never liked that about it. However, its made well and many people use it who are making good power. All comes down to your personal preference as stated.

Street Build 935  11

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    563 whp · 422 lb/ft · 2G DSM

952  4

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    12.091 @ 114.490 · 2G DSM
  5. luigi90210

luigi90210 Probationary Member

Joined Mar 11, 2013
    San Diego, California
    I am running a Megan racing downpipe on my 98 gst Spyder
    Took like an hour to do the install on my driveway