The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Catalytic Converter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

96eclipsegst#1

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 29, 2004
santa rosa, California
I Took Off My Stock Catalytic Converter And Replaced It With A Piece Of Pipe And It Sounds Much Nicer And At First It Felt Faster But My Turbo Seems To Be Lagging Now So Does Taking Off The Catalytic Converter Even Make A Differnce?

96eclipsegst#1 said:
I Took Off My Stock Catalytic Converter And Replaced It With A Piece Of Pipe And It Sounds Much Nicer And At First It Felt Faster But My Turbo Seems To Be Lagging Now So Does Taking Off The Catalytic Converter Even Make A Differnce?

I also have my cat. converter removed and as you said, the car sound much nicer... When I removed the cat I also change the OEM muffler for a supertrapp exahust muffler and the car feel much better and after that I gain +1Psi (aprox). :thumb:

good luck :thumb:

What size piupe did you use for the testpipe and what did you do about the rear o2 sensor? If you did nothing then it might be gummed up. I recommend doing the rear o2 sensor eliminator mod. Unless your cat. is extremely plugged and restricting flow there will be virtually no performance gain. Just a little noise gain that's all.

There's No Need To Capitalize Every Word You Type, And Yes Your Answer Is In The Basic Tuning Guidelines. Being In California, Your Ass Will Be Grass If You Are Caught By The Coppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back