The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Cas problem!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aproductions

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 11, 2009
Allentown, Pennsylvania
So I ordered a pigtail for my cas on my 96 rs. The original colors were black blue an yellow. The po wired a different cas on and the pigtail is different. Can I just solder the one I bought?

Basically I am asking if I have a cas with matching pigtail, will the car read the same as it would with the other pigtail and cas?

I still don't really know what you're asking. Whichever pigtail you use doesn't matter as long as the pins on the sensor are ultimately connected to the right wires.

Okay so when I got the car there was a universal pigtail (all wires were blue) connected to my cas. I bought the factory pigtail (maybe from the wrong year) and it doesn't fit the cas that was on there. But I have both different cas's so I was going to wire up the factory pigtail back on and the right cas.

I am asking if it matters which cas you use as long as the pigtail matches? Like the Ecu will read everything correctly?

I am asking if it matters which cas you use as long as the pigtail matches? Like the Ecu will read everything correctly?
It doesn't matter, either sensor will work. The 95-96 model years had sensors/connectors with round pins, and the 96-99 model years had sensors/connectors with flat pins. They both work exactly the same way, they're just not physically compatible because of the pin shape.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back