The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Car won't start. ### help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewyss

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 12, 2010
Martinsville, Indiana
I am still fairly new to dsm's even though i have had my car for a year. I was in a pretty nasty crotchrocket crash so i haven't been able to work on my car for nearly 6 months and im just now getting able to again thats why im postin in newbie forum. I recently just put dsm link v3 on my car and fic 750cc injectors and now my car wont start, on dsm link it is set for 750's but i think it is because i have a stock fuel pump that it won't start does that sound right, ### before i put dsm link in the car and the injectors it would start right up with no hesitation. i need help this is my winter project to get my car into the 12's. thanks any advice on my problem would be helpful

Well I'd say that for now that is your biggest thing. If you look at the coolant temp table it's pegged at -74 (lowest temp it reads). That's definitely a problem, and seems to be more and more common with people lately. It's just flooding your engine out.

What I'd do is take your battery in and get it charged/warm up for a bit. Go get your new coolant sensor. Disconnect your MPI fuse or injector connector (don't remember on the 2g's off hand how to disconnect fuel), crank the car and get all the fuel out of the engine, then reconnect and try and fire it up.

Also just noticed you're not giving it any throttle when cranking. Get that battery warmed/charged and put your foot about 3/4 down on the gas when cranking.

ok will do. and do they sell that sensor at like an oreillys or napa or something or do i have to order it online or off of the classifieds. i prefer new parts so classifieds isn't for me

I just ordered the part online because it was only $8 online and $54 at orielly and they even had to order it. when i get that installed ill let you know how it went and post a log thanks.:D

yes it does start better when i give it throttle, when the car is cold it holds idle but it spits and sputters under acceleration, but when its at temp it accelerates fine

Sounds like the coolant temp sensor as well. You have some sort of logger?

no i dont i wish i had one. also the car has a wondering idle. somtimes it will idle up and down real fast and sometimes it will idle up and down real slow and when it does that the car shuts off. im still not understanding the cranking forever before it starts. like it acts like it wants to start the the whole time its turning over

ok so i got the new coolant temp sensor, and i was going to install it when i found the wires to the plug on my original collant temp sensor had come off of the plug i want to know the best way to fix this i heard there are two ways the first is just to ground it to the coolant housing or something like that. and the other is to get a spade connector and reatache the wires. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back