The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Car still smoking

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black4banger

15+ Year Contributor
May 22, 2005
Pharr, Texas
Had a mechanic look at the turbo and oil lines since the car has been smoking alot! blue smoke....so i let him inspect it and he said the turbo was cracked. I had no time to do it myself so i gave him the money to buy another similar turbo. Started the car and its doing the same thing...........WTF!!!!!!! Head gasket? do i need a oil restrictor? but why would the turbo crack maybe not getting too much oil? dang it i dont know what to do .....help

try the manifold. But take it back to him and tell him to fix the problem. For all you know it wasn't even the original turbo in the first place.

My friend in his GSX, thought he blew his turbo when he started seeing blue smoke, (and yes that usually is the case), but after he bought a greddy 18g turbo kit and intercooler, he later found out it wasn't his turbo, it was just his manifold.

Its official god hates turbo neon motors this week OMG

Sorry to hear man.

Do a compression test. If that still doesent solve anything then I honestly don't know.

does the cars oil pressure change from when the car is cold to when its at normal temp.
Mechanic said that it smokes till it gets to normal temperature.

Maybe its at higher pressure at startup and then it lowers the pressure when the car is warm and maybe thats y it doesnt smoke at normal temp. maybe i need a lil restrictor in the oil feed line....................... :toobad:

It's either Piston Rings, Valve Stem Seals, or a Blown Turbo Seal.

My guess, valve seals.

Run a Leakdown Test to find out.

i think maybe its just the oil thats left over in the exhaust pipes..........

u guys know anything about the fuel pump being reconnected after the battery dies or if u take the battery off u have to disconnect and connect the wires to the fuel pump...........

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back