1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G car part replacements

Posted by 98eclipse2015, Jan 12, 2019

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. 98eclipse2015

98eclipse2015 Proven Member

Joined Jun 6, 2015
    tigard, Oregon
    hello everyone Hope everyone is having a good year so far. awhile ago my car got broken in to and had to replace the driver side window. I just went to my local junkyard and got one there for about $30 or so, my car is a 98 eclipse rs and the window replacement that I got came from I believe was either a 97 or a 99? but after replacing the window I noticed it was a little different than mine like where the window sits on the window regulator and get bolted on? the bolt holes on the window were slightly off than my original window. as you see in the pic the window does not extend the full length of the window to the weather trip. so my question is when I am looking for replacement parts what cars (makes and models/years or whatever) that I am looking for so I don't have this issue again and am getting the right parts that fit's my car?
    for example, I need to replace my driver side door lock actuator and my local junkyard has a 98 GS A/T right now. If I take the window off that GS will it fit my car? I just don't want to go there and wast my time tearing stuff apart in the cold for nothing LOL.
    p.s
    thank you for your replies :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. PlanZero

PlanZero Proven Member

Joined Aug 13, 2013
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Short answer: Yes.

The bodies on 2gs (95-99) are all the same, interiors are the same (just with vinyl/leather option on GS/GST(Tsi)/GSX(Tsi AWD))
    We also share many suspension and brake parts with the sebring, Avenger, Galant.
    There's many DSM Partout sellers on eBay, and Miller Import Parts specializes in DSMs so Steve can usually find what you need.
    Junkyards usually have a few n/t DSMs to pick parts from.
    Parts for DSMs are still relatively easy to find whether OEM style or aftermarket and usually pretty cheap (Rock Auto is your friend for NEW parts) just a matter of searching a little.
    Also 99% of the time if its not a transmission part A/T or M/T has no difference unless it's the motor mounts, but there are many huge differences between n/t and turbo DSMs for under hood parts since they are completely different cars (unlike the 1g which had a n/t and turbo version of the 4g63 motor)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019

Street Build 3K  8

1996 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 2G DSM
  3. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    I would take that back apart. You likely have something installed incorrectly.

Street Build 2K  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM