The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

car is slow running rich and timing is advancing!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanw2007

Probationary Member
May 21, 2007
salem, Oregon
for some reason i think just about everything that could be wrong computer wise is! LOL
heres what my data logger is showing
rpm 1000 2000 3000 3500
knock 11 36 42 40
O2 v 4 4.0 4.2 4
tps 100% 100 100 100
tima 5 -1 -2 3

any ideas? ecu? boost is spoolin fine however if backifires/fuel cuts at 5500 or 6 cause my boost creeps to 15 ported my o2 housing and wastegate hole but i guess not enough. any ways any help would be great.

If you were running rich enough to get 42 counts of knock from rich knock the motor probably wouldn't run at all. And since you said that it was spooling normal, that would lead me to believe that you have a bad knock sensor. When the ecu sees knock, it starts pulling timing as you can see in your log when you see negative timing. Check your knock sensor as I bet you will find that it is leaking.

yea sometimes it doesnt like starting on me. but for the most part that will just eliminate knock right? what about fuel considering that is my worst problem and the timing. sometimes the timing adds up to 19 to 25 degrees if it isnt WOT. ? thanks for the imput im goign to have to look into a new knock sensor thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back