The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

car dies randomly with cel on

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auker1

Proven Member
Feb 7, 2013
Mifflintown, Pennsylvania
ok ik there are other posts about this issue but i think mine is different. i finally got my car on the road. i took a test lap around the block a couple times. it ran fine accept my fans didn't kick on but that is a temp sensor. then i started it in the garage and it idled for about a second and then died. i started it again and it did the same thing. i removed the battery terminals quite a bit during the engine install and removing an old alarm system. now if i remove the ground cable and reconnect it the car will drive for a couple hundred feet then stutter and die. when i try to restart it, it idles and then dies. im hopefully getting the cel checked to day if i can borrow a code reader. but does anyone have any insite to this problem or things that could be simple that i should be looking for?

I had the same problem and it turned to be my power trans unit. It would only fire one coil at a time and then die. Also sounds like you could have fuel relay going out.

Well I'm pretty new to eclipses. How do I go about testing those?

aslo i have a vacuum leak. idk where but when reinstalling my engine i didn't reconnect the second line to the bov. idk where that line went and im thinking it might be hooked up to something it shouldn't be. where would it normally be hooked into?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back