The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

car dies randomly

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x628x

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 24, 2003
Richardson, Texas
every now and then, my car just dies, usually at a stop sign or something. when i start it up again everything seems fine. theres no check engine like or anything. this has happened about 10 times now, and its getting annoying. its usually when ive just stopped. sorry i cant really explain it better. has this happened to anyone?

I had the same problem recently. Sounds like a dead ISC servo. Measure the resistance between the center pins of the servo connector and the 2 pins on each side, with a digital volt/ohm meter. Resistance should be about 28-31 ohms. You might want to do this after the engine is fully warmed up, since my car ran fine and the servo tested good until it warmed up. If you have a bad servo coil, one of the four resistances will be some huge number. These things are rather expensive so I rebuilt mine, using good parts from two bad servos.

I got the same problem here but didn't have it until i droped my new 16g EVOIII turbo and the pacesetter manifold , i got a manual boost controller and got tit to the minimum since i dont have the mods to support the 16g yet , anyways when the car is cold and i start it its fine but ones it warms up and i drive it around and come to a full stop and let it idle for about 10 secs the idleing starts to get rough and the thing just dies and then sometimes when i drive and come to a turn and push in the clutch same thing happens, i got the stock intake and there is some kind of selonoid clamped on it so i plugged both of those lines that were coming to it since i got the manual boost controller , was that the right thing to do? When i boost , which i do offten now since i got my SSQ "love it " i need the car to stay on which i got my greddy TT to cool the turbine down but it cant because the car shuts off before it even starts counting down. :mad: Well i hope u guys can help me solve this problem. thx Bosnian

sorry to bring up an old post but my car is doing this it will just shut off at any given point of the day what could it be i drive a 2g N/t (95)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back